Post Office Rant Thread

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 7, 2019.

1. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Management is probably not fond. On the contrary they may want to fire the person, however, as with most Union Jobs, the lazy, disrespectful, worthless employee is the most protected because they make the most noise. If any on writes them up, they cry whatever "-ism" fits the bill and most management backs off. On the other hand, the hard working, quality employees often get screwed by the union on the rare occasion they forget to turn in a leave form on time and the government not only doesn't pay them, but also punishes them for it too.

I've worked in public service for 12 years and have only really needed the union once and once my supervisor realized I knew my stuff, they left me alone. Now I pretty much run my department and have to hunt for my supervisor when I do need something.

My father in law was a manager for the USPS years ago and had a couple employees he could just never get rid of.

RyX, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  2. FatherofSquirrel

brit likes this.
  3. FatherofSquirrel

The doctor's office front desk staff is the worst. We've hand to complain on more than one occasion.

RyX and brit like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Very very true. But, sometime a good paper trail is needed, in governmental and union jobs, so that proper action can be taken.

RyX and brit like this.
  5. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

I would suggest downloading the USPS app and signing up. That way you will know what is supposed to be delivered. You can also leave delivery instructions. I’ve been using it for months and it is great. Unfortunately there is no “attitude adjustment” feature.

RyX, brit, wristwatchb and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Can't. Would be unconstitutional.

RyX, Paul Turner and Terry like this.
  7. DaltonGang

Well then, i guess I'm all for a new Amendment authorizing the privatization of the US Postal Service. Or at least an oversight committee, manned by pissed off civilians.
    Would that be alright??? :D

FatherofSquirrel, RyX and brit like this.
  8. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

If a private company took over the post office rates would go through the roof. I've never lost anything through the post office, had a few misroutes but was always able to track my item.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

That would be the only way. Our Constitution provides and mandates a Treasury, a standing Navy, and the Postal Service. It is within the power of Congress to regulate the postal service in any way they see fit.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a shame when you get better Customer Service from a few lines of computer code than an actual person who I assume needs their job.
    I'm smirking over here. Certain members of Congress used the USPS as a petty cash drawer than never needed be reconciled. When news leaked out it was "investigated". Several names were mentioned, but I have yet to find numbers on how much Taxpayer money was stolen or by whom. At least one high ranking Fed was allowed to plead down to a lesser charge & resign. That kind of behavior is rampant, and hushed up when possible. Usually by the colleges of the accused who vote to not investigate further. It's not a Red or Blue thing, just a gubmint thing. No wonder we get attitude served with our fries. The problem is a top down issue.

11. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I ordered something from eBay once. Post office said it was delivered. Never was. Carrier said she put it in my box. Never did. Post master stuck up for her. I hope one of my neighbors liked my item. It didn't cost me that much, but it pissed me off.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

RyX, DaltonGang, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

been there ..how are you Kevin,long time no see..:)

RyX likes this.
  13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

You're POed at the Post Office? ;)
    Perhaps it is time to hold eBay in abeyance.

Seriously, sorry to hear of your misfortune.

RyX likes this.
  14. CrustyCat

Been doing pretty good. Been hanging out across the street as they say.

RyX and brit like this.
  15. CrustyCat

Well I didn't think I had much of a leg to stand on and it wasn't the sellers fault. PO said they delivered it.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. DaltonGang

The way it works is you contact the seller, and they have to file a grievance with the Post office. They will get a refund, from the postal service, you will get a refund from EBay. The way I handle it is I take the tracking number and go to the Post Office. Demand to see when the GPS location was, when they scanned the package delivered. all packages are GPS scanned. They are, by policy, only supposed to scan them, right before they shove them in your mailbox. Period. I have found, several times, they scanned it at the wrong location, and delivered it to the wrong mailbox. I once went to a house, after a week, and banged on the door. I asked if they had my package, and they said "what package?" . I told them what package, and they needed to hand it over, miraculously they found it, and "oh, you mean this one???" . Looking surprised I was there, demanding it. It had my correct address on it, it was just a block off. The jerks werent going to give it back.
    Thats the quick way to find where the package is.

RyX, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  17. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I am "with you" on this USPS rant. The whole way they do business leaves an awful lot to be desired, at least in my book. They do have some good people, at least at my local level, but like, I guess, any entity there are bad apples. What I've noticed the most are things that are not the province of an individual at the local level, but from a place that sets policy, etc. for them.

Case in point....Roughly a year ago, we set up a stock purchase plan with a major entertainment/media company. In doing that, we sent to the transfer agent, certain paperwork and a "certified check." Sent it certified/ signature required, etc. Long and short, I kept checking the tracking number and when it didn't show up by the time it was supposed to have gotten there, I began "looking." As part of that process, I made contact with my local PO who could only tell me "it's somewhere" but we don't know where. Went up a rung or two higher and was told by an allegedly "ranking muckety muck" within the USPS they would not consider it "lost" until it had been "missing" for a minimum of 30 days. ""30 DAYS" The situation finally rectified, but certainly through no help with the PO or anyone.

RyX likes this.
  18. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Interesting! I'd never heard of this process and I've been Ebaying for years. Thanks for the information.

RyX and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very good Kevin,glad you are well..:)

CrustyCat likes this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

I live in a neighborhood with lots of foot traffic. My neighbors just might hand deliver a package left at the wrong house. It's the folks walking through to the beer & blunt wrapper store two blocks away that I'm concerned about.
    Were you in your work clothes when you knocked?

brit likes this.