2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Wednesday From Florida!

I am going through the round two box and will post the gives and takes there soon.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/2019-traveling-box-tour-round-two.62054/page-19#post-1656407

If there is an interest for round three, please post your desire here. If we can get ten people interested, I will put together a list and fire it off.

I think that it is time to let relative newbies in on round three. The qualifications for this round are:

Be a well known member with at least 100 quality posts, likes, or trophies.

Send me a PM with your real name, mailing address and a working telephone number. I will call you to verify your details.

You understand that the box costs around $20.00 USD to ship to the next person on the list.

You understand that you might not be able to pull $20.00 USD worth of items from the box to make this adventure worth your money.

You must take more from the box than what you put in.

Upon receiving the box, you will PM the next person on the list and request their mailing address, if you do not have it already, from a previous engagement.

You will hold the box no longer than seven days before shipping to the next person on the list. If you have life problems that prevent you from shipping after seven days, kindly post the delay in this thread.

You will put shaving items in the box, or other collector items into the box. Pens, knives, pipes, etc... Or other items that you post asking an interest for.

Lastly, sign the inner lid with your screen name and dates that you held the box.

Okay then; who is in?!?

Okay, the players in order are:

@b1hart
    @twhite
    @kjbarth
    @RyX
    @terstation
    @Jrdelgado
    @MrEE
    @Enrico
    @MR41
    @Joewa

(Edited as per post #92, RyX)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    terstation, Enrico, b1hart and 3 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

Almost 24 hours and no replies...?

Are we done then???

Enrico likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I’m in!

I’ve been catching up with my work, but I’m definitely in!

:bounce015:

RyX likes this.
  4. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I’m in! It’s hunting season but I’ll make time!

Enrico and RyX like this.
  5. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Pondering..

Enrico and RyX like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

For me it's always hunting season ....... hunting for razors, brushes, aftershave, mugs, bowls and etc. :D

:eatdrink013:

b1hart, RyX and brit like this.
  7. Jrdelgado

Lol!

Enrico likes this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

You might consider posting the question in the round 2 thread. I was watching the other thread and only found this thread by accident.

I need to say no to the third round. I’m running low on gives and still have lots of takes to try.

RyX and MR41 like this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I’m in.

RyX likes this.
  10. Jrdelgado

My entire shave tonight was from the box except for the handle on the Gem Junior Bar. It was made for me by @Jayaruh. Excellent shave! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla, RyX, John Beeman and 4 others like this.
  11. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Interested but still a newbie here so we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b1hart, RyX, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  12. stingraysrock

Good to see my orphans found a good home!

RyX and Enrico like this.
  13. Jrdelgado

And they did an amazing Job! Thank you again!

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

There is a price to pay - all of $19.95 shipping. For that shipping charge you will have time to try out any razors or brushes, & sample soaps or post shave products. If you like something, it's yours. Then you put something in the box and ship it on. There have been nonshaving items show up, too. In the first two rounds The Box had the problem of TOO MUCH content. It got reinforced with plywood panels to hold in and protect the contents. Each participant swapped in and out gear and had problems resealing The Box for all the stuff it tried to contain. If you are still unsure, go look up the last two rounds and see what kind of stuff went in and out of The Box. ;)
    If you read my comments above, that's why there will be "newbie" members allowed to participate this round. Veteran shavers tend to gather and collect lots of gear. After a while they develop their preferences and have gear they don't use any more. Hence The Box to move unused stuff to folks who will enjoy it. As a new shaver there's always something you haven't tried. It might be vintage or the latest gizmo to hit the SOTD's. The Box tends to be vintage hardware, but may include the latest software, too. So as a "Newbie" there's much to experience - just need to figure out how to work YOU into the mix. Have you made any trades with other TSD members? Bought, sold or PIFed any gear with folks to document your involvement with the community? Guess what we are looking for is a "cosigner" to vouch for you. This whole activity is an unsanctioned event - TSD takes no responsibility for what happens with The Box. We do rely on Gentlemanly behavior to keep this going.

Me, too John. I've got razors with less than a dozen shave on them since they joined my stash. More soaps and post shave products than I'll ever use, and plenty of brushes and blades. Not that I don't have lots of gear but I keep finding I like my stuff! A year from now I'll have sorted out another box of "trade goods" and be ready to jump in again.

brit and PLAla like this.
  15. kjbarth

Thanks for this but I probably should have been a little more specific with my "newbie" comment. I'm a "newbie" member but certainly not a newbie shaver. I have the "preferences" you describe, both for HW and SW and have a ton of stuff to offer. Maybe I'll just leave it at that. Oh, I have adopted two @Jayaruh brushes and love them and am in the process of purchasing two 3D printed SE razors from him through another forum (maybe that's not legal to say here).

16. Jrdelgado

Love my @Jayaruh brushes. I have 2 as well.

RyX, kjbarth and Enrico like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If your asking if you can join the third round .... looking over the qualifications I'd say yes. PM @stingraysrock with the necessary info and and hear his final word.

:eatdrink013:

RyX, Jrdelgado and kjbarth like this.
  18. kjbarth

Already did a few days back and he said ok a few days back. So, unless I've been a bad boy since, I'm in.

Enrico, RyX and Jrdelgado like this.
  19. Jrdelgado

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

Over at Fuzzy's @wchnu forum The Original Safety, too? Great place he's got across the street. ;) I'm a member there. Also at TSN, and Australian past and cut forum. I started as a Newbie at B&B and like a number of members here, got booted and banned. I don't spend much time at those others since becoming a Mod here at TSD. It's OK to mention the others, fine to link to discussions, or quote stuff said there. Sometimes when I search shave related topics info is at other forums, but I bring it home to TSD.

TSD is all about the open & honest discussion of all things Wet Shaving. We don't have corporate sponsors so if you like or dislike a product you are free to express your opinion.

brit, kjbarth and Jrdelgado like this.