September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice photo and post, Joseph!

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great picture, Joseph! Beautiful brush!

3. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I may revise my usage later on tonight when i weight the puck again.
    However, that said, 0.35g/shave doesn't seem so far out from others (ref a bloke on B&B who used 0.45g/shave with MWF) observations on hard soap usage and Cade is an exceptionally hard and dense puck.

This is an aggregate figure of the 30 shaves as well, so remember that in the beginning and until i figured out how to to load the puck, I was running short on the 3rd pass. My usage later on in the run was probably more like 0.5g/shave. Old spice advertised their soaps to last 9 months and at 125g/puck, this is 0.45g/shave. (I don't bloom either.)

For my next 30 day rule, i shall watch my soap usage again. It is an interesting observation.

RyX, wristwatchb, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Clint!

5. Trigger

Thanks Perry!

6. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Danny..have a great day..

7. Trigger

Thank you, Jim!

8. Trigger

Thanks Joseph! The RT is a nice razor, but it doesn't feel as nice as my Fatboys or my Slim. I have to do more buffing in order to get a nice close shave!

9. brit

brit in a box

20190917_205243_edited.jpg
    good morning gents,fine shave with the canadian deluxe/gsb this morning but got some slight weepers on the left lower neck,driver error or, just too many really close shaves in that area lately,,mild razor tomorrow with a new blade..gsb likes 4 shaves i guess..super slick a and e grecian horse with the ever ready badger was top shelf..a and e aftershave to finish..have a great day everyone..

Paul76, b1hart, RyX and 13 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I understand Cade is a hard soap. I’ll weigh my usage it when I next use the soap. Savonierre du Moulin is a hard soap as well. I’m using it a good bit now. My current usage is over 2 grams per shave.

I load soap heavily. Perhaps even overload soap but I don’t have an issue with soap running out mid shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 8 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

A first for me today. I just got a compliment on my aftershave. It was from an old pipefitter but I'll take it. He must have a good sniffer. I shaved at 4AM so it has been over four and a half hours. I can barely pick it up with my hands cupped over my face. And no he wasn't in close proximity. Always nice to get a compliment.

Paul76, RyX, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Joseph..

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave and photo Gary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hembree, Norcalnewb, brit and 3 others like this.
  14. Trigger

Nice shave, Joseph! Mmm, I am surprised that the Dovo gave a little fight after you honed it.

Primotenore, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Sorry about the weepers, Gary. Great picture though!

Hembree, Norcalnewb, brit and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Always nice to get a compliment is right. Unless you're in the Piggly Wiggly.

RyX, wristwatchb, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Hembree, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  18. Trigger

Great shave, Gary!

Hembree, brit, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  19. BlueShaver

I hear you.
    I am a light soap user. I know i am. I compensate for this when using hard soaps if i remember. In the 1st few shaves with Cade, my soap loading was pathetic.
    Perhaps this one of the reasons i like shaving sticks so much, it is hard to underload!
    Towards the end of the 30 day run i was really loading up heavily. I also think when you face lather, you are more efficient as well as there is no need or push to be going at the puck like you hate it! You swish and go.

There is a thought, is face lathering inherently more soap efficient than bowl lathering? :confused:

RyX, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 10 others like this.
  20. BlueShaver

Fantastic brush.
    A WS (Black) classic or a 34c will be a nice gentle shave for you tomorrow

Hembree, Trigger, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.