September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Each shave and photo unique on it's own Keith. :happy096:

Norcalnewb, Hembree, Trigger and 7 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Sept 18
    Good evening!
    Yes, I gave a shave report for my morning shave, but this evening I am reporting on my headshave. I normally don't review my headshaves, but I wanted to try a new product that I purchased from the local drugstore. Let me present this evening's lineup.
    Rockwell 6C
    Rockwell DE
    Cremo SC
    Old Spice AS by P & G
    Nivea Men's PSB
    I know Cremo has been maligned on reviews, but I was intrigued by it because you don't need a brush to apply it. Just add hot water and use an almond shape amount of it on your face or head. This Cremo is very slick. The Cremo application is transparent and that may turn most shavers off to it because it's difficult to tell the area that was shaved. As a head shaver, I do it by feel so the Cremo transparancy is not an issue. I did my 3 passes with touchups and I have to say I got a great BBS shave. Using Cremo frees me from using a brush and shave soap so I don't have to clean up the mess. I am going to use it on my next facial shave with my Redtip and see if I get similar results. Right now, I am impressed with Cremo for headshaves and I could see this product as part of a travel kit because you don't need a brush or shave soap. However, I will not use Cremo for my straight shaves because I want the full experience with using a brush and shave soap. Moral of this shave story. You may be pleasantly surprised using a lowly, misaligned shave product. Have a great evening fellas! 20190918_181453.jpg 20190918_181453.jpg

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks Doug!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Maybe St.Patricks Day. Now I even forget.

Great report Joe!

wchnu, Linuxguile, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool Patrick..have a great evening..:)

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Outstanding!! What hockey team?

7. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Joe.i have used a brushless product and it work very well.great travel option ..i like the brush for the many benefits..

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Suggestion for next avatar, Gary...
    1.jpg

9. brit

brit in a box

10. wristwatchb

Daniel, the Parker SRX is a very nice razor. I recently did a 60-shave focus with mine, and it really made a difference. You might consider a focus with it at some point in the future. My experience is that once you master a shavette, you can shave with *anything*...angle...pressure...skin stretching...all eventually become second nature. Pain can be an effective teacher. :) Of course, using straights requires some expertise and effort to maintain the blade's edge...that's an art unto itself and not really my thing. I do like using shavettes, though.

11. wristwatchb

Uber cool, Gary! :cool:

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

So cool, Patrick! Thanks for sharing!

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice shave and report, Joe!

14. brit

brit in a box

thank you Charlie..:)

15. wristwatchb

Nope, Joe. They spend all their extra cash on coffee. I can't argue with their priorities, either.
    1.jpg
    :eatdrink013:

RyX, Linuxguile, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  16. wristwatchb

With Blair as your Enabler, that makes me your Grand Enabler. ;)

17. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

I've used some sort of clear brushless product while traveling, it was very slick but clogged the razor. Now i would just grab a tube of proraso and use that, works just fine without a brush.

b1hart, Linuxguile, Hembree and 8 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you guys!

19. brit

brit in a box

very good sir..i think we have the best of all worlds today..

20. wristwatchb

:happy096: Danny. These are absolutely gorgeous! I know your little friend in PA will be excited to see what you have for him, and it will be something he can pass on to his son. I can't wait to see how the next three John Deere's turn out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.