September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Blair any cool weather will greatly be appreciated!

clint64, Linuxguile, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Neato image manipulation Jim. 8 shaves even on an AC blade? My tree stump chin whiskers would have reduced the edge to serrated misery. Great setup and shave!

Proraso, Gillette, Omega. Nice vintage feel for that shave Joe!

Stoylin Baker Street. One of my favorites. Nice!

Hembree, Paul Turner, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

TTT shave. DFS- with a less than stellar edge. Not bad. Nice image and gear!

Nice image Gary. Light pressure for tomorrow’s shave young man. :)

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Stirling SEptember!!!

September 18

Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
    Blade - CVS Carbon SE
    Soap - Stirling Executive Man
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

I took last night off for a couple of reasons. First I was tired. As in very tired. Second, the cut from the OCMM was still a bit obvious so I figured I'd give it a break. Came back tonight with two days growth with the OCMM and the Stirling Executive Man, courtesy of the JR54. Extremely nice lather and scent and I expected perfection. Well, by the way we measure perfection around here I achieved it. Very smooth third shave on the carbon blade and three passes brought it to a BBS. The cut reopened just a bit so there was that, but we don't count that here, right? All in all a great shave for the third run through on the OCMM. Great razor that gets tons of respect from me. Hope you have a fantastic Thursday!!

September 18 2019.jpg

Keithmax, Hembree, clint64 and 14 others like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Drinking during a shave? It’s 5:30 somewhere....;) Great combination of gear and software Jason!

Great Proraso shave. Mid day or late afternoon shaves are sometimes the best. In our house, I usually have the dogs for company, so it’s take my time time.

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Love the colors Andrew. No need to cut Declan’s hair....if Momma ain’t happy.....

8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Glad the news is great news Charlie!

Neat. Cool. Awesome shave and love the razor!

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very nice setup Neal! The OC is one of my favorites.

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

thank you Blair, you bet..light pressure mild razor.

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

So cool. Neat. Awesome. Incredible work Danny.

Very nice Terry! Nothin’ wrong with shave repeats when great gear is involved.

12. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

450 posts behind? That’s like 7 days in dog time on the 30DC... Great combination and shave Rick!

13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Sounds like a very nice day indeed. Been there on chasing down, finding a lost dog. Glad that worked out great.

14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Woke up to my daughter screaming that the dog was gone . She opened the patio door and went on an adventure. Luckily she had a tag on her with my phone number on it. So glad we got her back.

Hembree, clint64, Linuxguile and 10 others like this.
  15. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Nice report Joe. I used Cremo early on with my FB before my 30DC days. Slick as just about anything out there. Not bad at all. But, in the same week...Proraso and ToBS showed up along with a WCS Badger. Wet shaving hooked. PIFd the Cremo to my daughter a few weeks later, along with a Parker DE.

Hembree, brit, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Blair! It was a fun shave using that gear!

Hembree, brit, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks for your imput, Blair! I will be using Cremo primarily for my headshaves, but I will occasionally use it on my face shaves.

Hembree, brit, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

I just picked up my first bottle when I checked a local ethnic grocery for a haunch of goat. Got a bag of mixed dal & a packet of daal masala while I was there. (Clint @clint64 might be familiar with this) They do have the goat, wrapped in the freezer. That's easier to deal with than live from the auction barn.

But back to the glycerin - I like the feel it gives when in a shave soap. I suspect several of my AS have it as an ingredient. Any idea how much you add to an alcohol based splash?

Keithmax, Hembree, brit and 9 others like this.
  19. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Glycerin also reduces pitting of brass surfaces when cleaning with sulfuric acid. It is super handy stuff.

Of course now my wife wants me to add it to my bottle of Axe Apollo AS so I will use it more often. I hope I labeled the bottles correctly.

Which "it" were we talking about again?

Hembree, 9nein9, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  20. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Just so you guys know, I hadn't discovered SE shaving before joining this forum. Now I have a 1912 Patent Gem and blades on their way. Should have it in time to try while we are still in SEptember.

NCoxSTL, Hembree, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.