September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

What a classy setup, Jim! That shave would turn the head of any old pipe fitter. Have a great Thursday, my friend.

2. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Try a different blade. I find Astra's harsh.
    Also make sure the blade on the 34c is aligned properly!

9nein9, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  3. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

I actually don't cut it that often, but in the past i did. Multiblade carts with pivoting heads didn't work at all, i just cut myself almost every time. That's why i used the single bladed bic sensitives usually, they are cheap and work well for me.

9nein9, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

A great shave to start the day, Terry. Thanks for loaning me your pocket knife. It's a little large for my pocket, so I'm returning it. I used blade #37 and the 11th pair of scissors to trim my toenails. You might want to skip those edges when you're preparing lunch. It's wonderful to have blade options.
    1.jpg

5. BlueShaver

6. MrDaniel's

After the 30 days i will probably experiment with different blades. Astras work well in my Feather Popular, that's why i actually bought them.
    In the Merkur, a Treet black beauty has been one of my favorites, really smooth.
    I've had to mess with the alignment quite a lot actually. A bit annoying, but i can get it to align decently enough

9nein9, Hembree, jtspartan and 9 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

It's lookin' great, Patrick. Keep us posted on the progress.

9nein9, Hembree, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  8. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice shave this morning with the bead blasted Gem Junior head on the Karve handle. First time using the Green Mountain Soap and I can say the soap was a disappointment. The soap really reminded me of Williams but not as good as Williams. The soap reminded me of regular bar soap with no cushion. I tried several brushes and just could not get a thick lather built up. The scent does not last long and it has a soapy smell. The Green Mountain soap I was using was in the bar form. I called Green Mountain Soap when I first got the soap from Rick @RyX . They said that it was the same as the shave soap just in a bar form and not a puck. Interesting……no difference in the formula. The Gem head on the Karve handle did a great job and it was a nice shave even though the soap was a letdown. Y’all have a great day.

20190919_063502.jpg

9. MrDaniel's

I'd rather use my Opinel than that :D
    But i do have a Victorinox minichamp on my keys, it's surprisingly useful.

10. wristwatchb

Is it just me, or does that seem like a fitting CT for @Terry?

11. wristwatchb

I'd just use a Feather blade, Joe. The mole won't stick around for long. I'm sure you know that mole removal is exempted from the 30DC group medical plan. :)

12. BlueShaver

I have a trick for the 34c to align the blade.

Load it upside down and squeeze the cap and base plate together and hold tight before screwing down the handle. This get the blade to wrap around the pins in the cap and aligns the blade very well. Works every time for me.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Pretty nice shave, Danny! That's too bad about the soap. I guess you have to relegate it to using it in the shower.

9nein9, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

No need to do the themes. They are more set up for long time 30DC to rotate through gear. The Stirling theme happens because we are a bunch of fanbois and have enabled each other into trying and buys most of the product line. If you have any facet of your shave that you'd like to improve; name it and claim it. There are several 30DC like me that take our inspiration from the gear others are using rather than having any particular plan each month. It's even been given a name - The Unfocused Focus.
    I grew up with beans as a a meal quite often. Have my favorites, others I'd do less often. Lentils and split peas are near the top of the list. For lentils (English name for the Indian daal) I like to add Jimmy Dean's sage sausage, and serve with or over corn bread. Any left overs go into single serving freezer containers for a quick later meal.
    Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage.jpg

16. wristwatchb

I'm a Victorinox fan too. The Pioneer Alox is my current favorite. It's not too large, and it has some pretty handy tools.
    SAK_0_8201_26__S1.jpg
    This guy got me re-interested in knives a few years ago. I like how he talks about their history and even uses them in food preparation.

9nein9, brit, Edison Carter and 10 others like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Charlie :happy102:
    tp

9nein9, brit, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  18. MrDaniel's

I tried it a few times and it didn't work for me, other side had a lot more blade exposure than the other. Thanks anyways!

9nein9, Hembree, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

:cool:
    tp

20. brit

brit in a box

20190918_184357_edited.jpg
    good morning gents,thursday shave,40s flat bottom tech,platinum blade,wcs synthetic and nivea blue,fine 3 pass shave resulting in dfs+no drama .nice simple stuff that works.nivea blue splash to finish..awesome..have a great day everyone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.