September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I was looking for the Pinto of razors, but there don't seem to be too many out there. Electroforming a plastic disposable razor is all I can think of unless someone has another idea.

brit, wristwatchb, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  2. MrEE

Plating a NEW LC in gold would be awesome and really wouldn't fit the "White Trash Beautiful" desire I'm having. I'm really looking for the "Why would you ever do that?" reaction.

brit, jtspartan, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

No clue. She's the Ex now, and 660 miles east with her new BF. Next time she visits I'll ask!:cool:

brit, Norcalnewb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Nice shave, Terry. I'm sure you'll get the new injector figured out.

I know you're on the run every morning and changing all those blades takes time...Have you thought about hiring a pit crew to help out?

I hope your day was a great one, my friend!
    ;)
    cd

brit, Edison Carter, RyX and 7 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

You’re going to love it! It’s the best razor I’ve used in 55 years of shaving! That includes my Karves, AS-D2, Gillette’s and Krona razors! Qualified, of course, by YMMV!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

6. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Wondering what took you so long to respond Charlie.
    I feel better now.

Long ago, a coworker called me Terrance, I said my moma named me Terry, with a smile, I said, but I answer to just about anything. So a couple days went by before I talked to him again. He called.me Terrance again, I didn't care one way or another. I answered his question "yes Davy". I apparently hit a nerve, he said "my names dave!" and he never called me Terrance again. Didn't mean to make him feel bad.
    Well.... you'll have that.

Thanks
    tp

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Well in that case, go to the dollar store and pickup a Pacific TTO DE razor and gold plate it!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit, RyX, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I tried that, my crew was uh...

Well...
    Thanks anyway Charlie.

tp

9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It sounds like you had a good day, Charlie! I was such a snob concerning brushless shave creams. The Cremo was a surprise discovery. I think it is wise to always have alternative methods of shaving. I wasn't an aftershave balm guy as well, but Eric Latta in Adventures for Wet Shaving on You Tube put the bug in my ear. I do have VDH Shea Butter, but I was not impressed. Maybe, I will give it another try. I am glad that I was able to spur people to consider brushless shave creams for travel kits and/or quick smooth, shaves. God bless, my brother!

brit, PLAla, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Lol!

brit, PLAla, RyX and 6 others like this.
  11. Trigger

I just love the setup, Rick!

brit, PLAla, RyX and 4 others like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Clubman has a brushless shave cream now.

13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Well what's the fun in that???
    ;)
    tp

brit, PLAla, RyX and 5 others like this.
  14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Something about lipstick on a pig comes to mind...
    :p
    tp

brit, PLAla, RyX and 7 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll let you know if I order it.

16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I have and use Cremo, its great if that's all ya got. Matter of fact I recomend it to those who don't need or have a brush.
    But I love the feel of a brush.
    tp

17. wristwatchb

Daniel, my shave routine depends on the trip. I dislike being scruffy, so I rarely travel without some kind of setup. If I'm going to need quick shaves in the morning, I'll opt for a Trac II razor, brush less shave cream, and unrefined shea butter. I'll also take the Trac II if I'm traveling with just a carry on bag, since DE blades aren't allowed. If I'm going for a more relaxed trip, do not travel carry-on, or it's a road trip, I'll take a good selection of all my shave gear...DE razor, favorite brush, blades, soap or cream, aftershave, etc. I've yet to travel with a shavette (since I'd be limited on first aid supplies in the unlikely event I cut off my head...) like some of the guys here. Bottom line...everybody's different...do your own thing. :)

Safe travels, let us know what you decide to do, and don't forget to drink your coffee. :eatdrink013:

brit, Terry, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  18. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

What's with the butter?

brit, PLAla, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  19. wristwatchb

I use unrefined shea butter to moisturize and reduce irritation after my shaves. I've been doing this for about 5 years. I'm prone to dry skin, and this is the best stuff I've ever used on my face and hands. You don't need much, and you can blot off the excess if you apply too much. It's inexpensive as well.

Because it's a raw imported product, I pay a little extra to get one with a purity certification. I get mine here, and it's the best I've tried. Little to no "nutty odor," and it's very smooth (not grainy). A 16-ounce container lasts me about a year. I will always have this in my Den. My wife uses it on her heels, and my sister-in-law uses it for sunburn relief.

If you have dry skin or suffer irritation, this stuff is the ticket.

brit, PLAla, BlueShaver and 8 others like this.
  20. MrEE

I looked up dollar store razors and I love it. I know dollar stores sell blades. I did not know they also sell a DE razor.

brit, PLAla, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.