Razors you own but have never shaved with

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MrEE, Sep 20, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Thanks Andrew! If I remember from elementary school math, that brings you to 112. I knew I would find enthusiasts here that make me look tame. :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    brit and Linuxguile like this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Of all the razors I've owned and I've owned well over 100 now. Excluding duplicates the ones I never used were an Evans miniature razor which I already sold, Autostrop VC2 and aBritish made Autostrop A1.

I have a few newer razors I haven't gotten to using yet which I will next month once I get done with injector razors for this month.

3. ftrez

ftrez Member

I have a Super 84 that I haven't gotten around to using yet. But I'll remedy that shortly.

brit and MrEE like this.
  4. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Gillette Milady as well. I have two different models, but have yet to try them out... hmmm, never thought about that before

brit and MrEE like this.
  5. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I've shaved with all my Gillette razors. I've finally got blades for the Schick Injectors so they will be getting a go before long and the same for the Gem Jr. I haven't used the Christy or the Valet Auto Strop nor do I really think I want to. I also have a couple of the $.99 razors from the Dollar Store and one from CVS or Walgreens. The ones from the Dollar Store are really not made well and I would be kinda concerned with using them. I also have 1 straight razor. Nope, Nada, No Way Jose. NO...

brit, MrEE and Linuxguile like this.
  6. MrEE

Love the conversation. Looks like a lot of us will be trying something new very soon. BTW, I changed things up significantly for SE SEptember. I would have shaved with the open combs and the DE89 this week.

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Looping back around to my post and the conversation. I have a RazoRock SS DLC Lupo that I haven't shaved with and with this month being SEptember and next month being OCtober I won't be getting to the Lupo until November.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit and MrEE like this.
  8. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I have a Gillette Bulldog that I haven't gotten around to yet. The top cap and comb have a slight frown but I don't think that will affect the shave. I guess I'll find out as I just might try it later today.

brit, Linuxguile and MrEE like this.
  9. MrEE

Come on. You know you want to. I shaved with a straight before I tried a DE. It was awesome. I just told people I got attacked by a cat.

brit, Linuxguile and BBS like this.
  10. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

I’ve used all of mine except 1, a NOS Star 100. I bought it because I thought the original packaging and instructions were neat. I haven’t decided if I’m going to use it or sell it to someone who will.

brit, Linuxguile and MrEE like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have a homemade Sevette that produced the similar results. A Sevette is a single edge razor in this case a Micromatic Open comb that I removed the comb. It is the combination of the word Single Edge and Shavette. The pointy edge of the blade cut my cheeks up good. Sometimes people will do the same with a DE razor and they are called Devettes when you remove the safety guard from the razor.

Here are some pictures of it from the injector party thread. If I ever use this one again or if anyone else wants to attempt the same make sure you blunt the edges of the blade first before using.
    se1.jpg se2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    MrEE, brit, Dirtfarmer and 1 other person like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I forgot I have 2 other Spanish made razors I haven't used yet both are Filomatic brand razors. One is an F2 Injector and the other is DE simply called a Filomatic which was a promotional razor they gave away when you bought a pack of blades.

brit, MrEE and Linuxguile like this.
  13. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Active Member

I had a Blackland Blackbird and a polished Dart show up on the same day. Jonesed after the BB for a while and the Dart was a deal from a friend, so I started with the BB.

I usually try to use a new razor for at least two weeks to get the muscle memory down and went BB first, only been a week so haven’t tried the Dart.

I know....it’s sitting there in its stand taunting me and calling me vulgar names...

brit likes this.
  14. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've shaved with all my razors but I have several I've used only once.

Dirtfarmer, MrEE and brit like this.
  15. MrEE

I had plans to so the same but I have fallen behind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  16. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

The only razor I’ve never shaved with is my French Apollo safety razor from the 1920’s. That’s because it doesn’t take modern DE blades no matter how you modify them; I’ve heard it may take injector blades but I’ve never bothered to try. Maybe one day.

brit likes this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I recommend bothering . I hate to let razors sit and injector blades have worked fine for me.

[​IMG]

brit, Linuxguile and Angelo85 like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i just got a boxed nos brit service tech set with the plastic on the handle and head..hmmn..though i do have a duplicate that i use..

MrEE likes this.
  19. MrEE

Question for this group. I have a mint condition 1960 Gillette 195 Adjustable with instruction card and unopened blades. I have never shaved with it because I also have Rhodium Fatboy I use often and nickel Fatboy for my 12 year old son when he starts shaving. So I don't need it.

Would you shave with it? Would you keep it or sell it? I plan to keep it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Edison Carter likes this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I look at it from a non sentimental standpoint.

I wouldn't in case I decided to sell it later on. The value drops the second you do. I'd keep it and display it if I wasn't reselling it. There are plenty of daily user razors that are in good working for that one out there. Way I see it if you can redo razors then N.O.S. is overrated from a usage standpoint since you can redo it better than original if you want.

brit likes this.