What's your coffee this morning

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Apr 15, 2018.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I recommend Caribou's "Blend".

ordinaryshaver likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I suppose its like any other Pecan Coffee, but I've only seen pecan coffee labelled "Texas Pecan".

3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I'll give it a try.
    I presume the carry it at HEB?

4. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Yet again, @wristwatchb "the enabler" strikes again and my cash balance takes a hit! :bounce017:

But its all good :), i got the kick up the arse i needed and bought some of my (well, the wife's tbh) favourite coffee beans. (No pre-ground cheating here!:rolleyes005: )

Using the French press and going off the tips from @wristwatchb 's favourite coffee maker , i fired up the grinder and the press for some glorious Sunday morning coffee!:eatdrink013:

No milk. No sugar. Just straight out of the pot as God himself would drink it.

[​IMG]

Lovely.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just finished mine...Max(well)House House Blend.

Shaver X, Frijolero and BlueShaver like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I had wanted to try a Moka Pot, and after reading the current production Bialetti aren't as solid as they used to be I picked up a vintage one. Very happy with the brew. [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have been drinking this the last few days. Good stuff for K-cups.

20190929_093346.jpg

Frijolero, brit and Edison Carter like this.
  8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

God would not have created cows if he did not want folks to be putting milk/cream in coffee.

And he would not have created civits if he did not intend for you to be drinking Kopi Lewak.

9. BlueShaver

Sometimes Googling isn't a good idea lol.

Shaver X and Edison Carter like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes yes yes. No girly coffee there. Adding stuff to coffee is like adding steak sauce to a steak.

Frijolero and BlueShaver like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

kicking horse coffee.grizzly claw..

Edison Carter likes this.
  12. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I only bought my Bialetti about a year or two ago. It was new, not vintage. I don't see any issue with it from a structural integrity standpoint. The only issue I do have is the plastic knob on top is no longer nice and tight as when it came out of the box. It jiggles a bit. I'm wondering if the plastic melted a bit with each use loosening it up. It doesn't appear to be coming off. Just loose. Maybe that's the complaint? It doesn't impact making coffee.

13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm sure the current production are fine, I'm just going by a number of Amazon reviewers who commented that the older were more desirable. I haven't visited Target to verify but the vintage are cheap enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Awesome, Jon. Start a new batch on the French Press, and I'll be right over. :)

I see your Mr. Grumpy mug...I would never have guessed.... ;)

BlueShaver likes this.
  15. BlueShaver

16. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I love me some Maxwell House Colombian Blend!! It’s my all time favorite cup-of-Joe. The McDonalds “McCafe’ is also very good , I always assumed it was nasty until I tried it haha. Other than that Folgers is also good basically anything Columbian is to my liking lol

wristwatchb likes this.
  17. Mike-R41

That’s what my brother John does. He just buys his whole beans and put them in the Bean chopper upper thingy, grind them up then put them in the coffee maker like you would any other kinda coffee

18. Mike-R41

In south Jersey Wawa’s coffee is pretty much a “GO TO” in the morning... I normally go for the columbian roast , or go straight for the French vanilla cappuccino machine !!!!!

Edison Carter likes this.
  19. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

This week its Trader Joe's pumpkin

20. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Cafe du Monde French Roast in the morning.
    Tim Hortons Decaf in the evening.
    Occasionally, an afternoon pot brewed with a 50/50 blend of the two.

I alternate between Cafe du Monde French Roast and Cafe du Monde Coffee and Chicory...