Ever Ready 100

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dirtfarmer, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the knot of a Ever Ready 100 is? It reminds me of my Ex's hair, blond on the outside but dark roots on the inside and falling out. Thanks for any info.

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've had a few E-R 100T brushes and they were boar brushes.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've yet to figure out why someone with blonde hair would dye their roots dark...
    Topic drift set in early here. ;)

AGHisBBS, Douglas Carey, BigD and 2 others like this.
  4. Dirtfarmer

I know right. That just seems like a lot of extra work to look cheap. :signs136:

Douglas Carey, BigD and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

at least you can see those ones coming..;)

6. Dirtfarmer

Mine was really dirty when I got it and I figured it was a re-knot for sure. Dawn dish soap to the rescue again though. Soaked it in almost hot water for about an hour and started lathering Dawn in my hand. About 5 times with that it looked clean so I did it a few more times with shampoo with conditioner. It still sheds more than I like and will have to fix it sooner or later and I kinda think I want to put whatever it came with back in it. Maybe.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

If you want to go with a boar ...... I purchase an Omega 40033 from maggard's for ~$7 and use it to re-knot it. You won't be sorry.

https://www.maggardrazors.com/product-category/shaving-brushes/omega-brushes/?orderby=price

:eatdrink047:

8. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Active Member

My dad gave me an Ever Ready 100 in 1975, it was my first brush and it was boar, straight from the box.

Douglas Carey and Enrico like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

:happy102:

brit likes this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Do you have a picture?

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Usually after I remove the knot (using a Dremel) I bore it out using a step drill (can be found cheap at Harbor Freight) to bring it to a common size for re-knotting.

Dirtfarmer, brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Active Member

Unfortunately no, ex wife tossed it in the trash, that was after she sold Grandpa's and Dad's straight razors, Dad's Old Spice mug and my black handle Super Adjustable razor. Luckily for me she missed my Old Spice mug, Dad's brush and Fatboy.

brit, Enrico and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I understand why she is an ex wife.

brit and Enrico like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

My exwife kept all my stuff.... (yea for the bash on ex wife thread)

To the OP...I agree that brush is Boar.

Dirtfarmer, brit and Enrico like this.