Razorock Eco

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rusty blade, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I really want to try a eco but am afraid I won't like it and will have wasted money I could have used to buy my little twins a new toy. Oh well maybe for my bday in a little less than 2 weeks I can get one....thanks for all of your impressions of it

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a post from a dissatisfied owner, maybe it'll show up on BuySellTrade.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Or just stick with a real SE..or Injector.

Terry likes this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Seems like it keeps the blade flat.
    The Kai blade was to dull for a nice ride, so I'm using feather exclusively.
    thanks Bill
    tp

Edison Carter likes this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

That may be true.
    But your already there, you could use this razor and love it.

tp

6. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

What's the fun in that...
    ;)
    tp

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nahhh. I could use it and get good shaves..like with the Starling. But not love it.

Terry likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If it ain't broke....

Terry likes this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I just love that new car smell sometimes.

Tp

wchnu likes this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

If you are CONUS, PM me your address and I'll let you take mine for test drive. If you like it then we'll work something out.

Edison Carter and Terry like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I always said you were awesome. You know when I was not talking about roast penguin...

Terry and richgem like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thank you.... ?

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Really..think nothing of it!!

Terry likes this.
  14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

A repost from the 30DC group.
    Hope yhis helps....
    tp

Good day all, late report, early shave.
    Been using my Razorock ECO and finding out how it mows the field.
    Its a light razor, so some will be thrown off by the way it handles. Being a light tool :happy068: it needs more control and a keen blade. A dull or subpar blade can make one want to press harder than necessary thus causing irritation. I also find that when snaping a DE blade in half it leaves a bend on the place to that snapped. This is nothing new, but it does seem to affect the tightness of the blade. Looking at the base plate there is a small channel where the bent part will sit, if installed correctly. I noticed that the channel isn't quite deep enough for it to seat the bend. I took a pair of pliers and flattened out those bent places on the blade. This did help the blade become more stiff, to me anyways. I don't suggest to do this, but it would be nice if the channel was deeper. Hmmmm.
    Now shaving with the ECO is plesant, clean and close. Need a light touch as with any razor, I so far have been able to get a full 2 pass head and 2 pass face shave with one full balde. I attribute this to the ability to run it full head riding while keeping the blade lightly against the skin. You can 'tune' this razor easily to get the blade almost perfectly set on the skin. I see that as double edge sword to some who use, or prefer, the razor create the blade pressure by being heavy. Also it seems to get clogged easier than some, needing more cleaning than most razors.
    Enough of that...
    First pass (face) using a new half Feather A, second pass (face) using the other half B.
    First pass (head) blade B, second pass (head) blade A. I'm clean, smooth and ready for the day.
    20190929_103429.jpg

tp

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Blah!!

brit and Terry like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Trying to sneak one in eh fuzzy.... ??
    tp

brit likes this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Who me?

Terry likes this.
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Do you have an ECO??
    tp

brit likes this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Let me put it another way.
    If someone would send you one to try out, and some Feather blades cut in half of course.
    Would you???
    1 try it
    2 make a video shaving with it

curious minds want to know.
    :cool:
    tp

brit likes this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Of course.

brit and Terry like this.