September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice gear, Jeff!

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I normally bloom it while in the shower, then load it like any other soap. A little extra water at times either in the brush or on top of the soap and then keep loading. Then I face lather. No tricks or anything different with The Fat.

Now, I will say that the lather looks a bit airy sometimes. I think that turns people away. It has a slightly different consistency than other soaps, in my opinion. Doesn't affect quality or performance one bit.

brit, wristwatchb, Terry and 7 others like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Orange you glad it's monday 20190930_161846_resized.jpg today I used the 101 ikon. Mike's natural soap bombed for MM and woody's, a splash of orange crusella. Good results.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better.

brit, wristwatchb, b1hart and 14 others like this.
  4. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I hear a lot about KAI BLADES! The only thing closest I have to that is Bolzanno and feather going to use them soon

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    brit, PLAla, Edison Carter and 8 others like this.
  5. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

With my allergies lightly scented = unscented, but point noted.:)

Terry, PLAla, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That's truly a Sunshine State Shave, Dave!

brit, PLAla, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice travel gear, Jeff!

brit, jgreenepa, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

brit, PLAla, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  9. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Today’s shave combined several pieces of gear I’m thinning out with my sun-crisped face resultant from from a bit too much time on the boat without sunscreen Sunday. Not my best work. Either way, the collection is moving from excessively ridiculous to just utterly ridiculous after putting two more razors and one more brush in the “to sell” pile. I think when I get to just regular ridiculous I may stop tossing flotsam and jetsam.

brit, wristwatchb, b1hart and 13 others like this.
  10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I don't know if MWF needs to be bloomed, just the way I've done it since I got it.
    Mitchell's and Williams are the only soaps I bloom. I've tried Williams without blooming and I get much better results with my water by blooming it. I can get more soap in my brush that way. For me that's the key for a stable Williams lather.

brit, wristwatchb, PLAla and 10 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Good looking shave, David!

brit, PLAla, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Give it a Dawn dish liquid lathering, then a hair conditioner rinse. That will remove previous oils & much scent, and replenish the oils needed to make the bristle softer. It could be both old and unused which might mean animal scent plus stiff dry hairs/bristles. Looks like well used badger from the photo.
    Only my second MWF lather so I'm far from expert. Not loading enough resulted in a dissipating lather much like M.Williams. I guess I got plenty the first time since there was leftovers and it was all thick n creamy.
    I've enjoyed KAI blades. They are the same thickness as most DE blades, but feel thicker. I think they are less flexible, stiffer. KAI & Feather are up there among the sharper blades for the first use, but that falls off quickly.
    Sorry Randy, I thought you were a scented soap kind of guy? Or just specific scents? Allergic to unscented? I'm not allergic, but prefer to avoid strong licorice and cloves.
    (Anyone heard from @John Ruschmeyer lately?)

13. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I've found that MWF is a bit more temperamental than other soaps to water additions. With Stirling, you can pretty much hit it with all the water needed right at the front, and it just works. With MWF, I have to add water very slowly. Just a little at a time, or else I get the dissipating lather. It takes me just a bit more time to lather, but I enjoy the results.

14. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Tomorrow is going to be a MWF car crash isn't it? :lyrtuy5:

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I kept the bar handle (the same replate job) that came with that New Deluxe but have decided I don't need it. It'll be too bright to match anything I may come across anyway. I would like to send it to you if you want it. It's a perfect match...

16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Mike's natural had to be built up slower as well. Least that's my experience.

Norcalnewb, brit, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I would try to explain, but I'm busy back here licking the windows.

Go short bus go!

:cool:

Norcalnewb, brit, BaylorGator and 9 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great travel setup Jeff.

Norcalnewb, brit, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on the new brush. Maybe, try a test lather with the new brush.

Norcalnewb, brit, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave David. Mike's Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper is just a fantastic scent.

My experience as well.

Norcalnewb, brit, Trigger and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.