Adventures of the Bunny in Europe: European pass-around of the Bunny V3

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by macaronus, Feb 21, 2016.

1. river-rhine

river-rhine Well-Known Member

July 10 - Fifth Bunny-shave:

[​IMG]
    My setup:
    Face-Wash: Calani Bella Salina-Saltsoap
    Lather: Meißner Tremonia Himalayan Heights
    Brush: Mühle Silvertip-Fibre 23mm
    Razor: Bunny Injector V3 / WILD
    Blade: Schick (1)
    Pass: WTG - XTG - XTG and ATG
    Aftershave: Pitralon Polar

Today it was going WILD. And it was really, really wild. After 2 passes I had an efficient shaving-result. Now I've tried a third pass against the grain again. Your handling-tip I've tried too, Tom (with my left hand like you). There are different ways that can probably work. Nevertheless my hand was a little bit cramped while working against grain. On the end I can't do it offhanded as a beginner. And the Bunny shaved not so efficient trough my stubbles ATG like my Schick Injector L, that weight 10 gramms less. I don't know why, but it is so.

There were 3 blood-spots today. 2 left and right around my chinpuff. You can shave there with the Bunny. You don't really see where you shave but the same problem you also have with the cartridge-razors or thick safety razors. I don't see a problem there. The same on both ends of my mustache (no way, I keeps on my face). You can learn how to shave with the Bunny in that areas.

The After-Shave-splash burned like hell - Yes, that was too wild for me.

So tomorrow back to NOTSO

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

You could try an alternative way to hold the Bunny. I hold it by placing my index finger on the head, the finger tip touching opposite the screw that holds the comb in place. When going ATG I place my index finger on the screw. I find that I have better control that way. You might have to be more careful not to use any pressure when holding the razor like this, but 'ride the spring' helps with that. YMMV and all that, but it works for me.

3. river-rhine

July 11 - Sixth Bunny-shave:

[​IMG]
    My setup:
    Lather:
    Kappus Aloe Vera shaving cream
    Brush: Plisson Synthetic bleu nuit satiné
    Razor: Bunny Injector V3 / NOTSO
    Blade: Schick (2)
    Pass: WTG - XTG - XTG - ATG
    Aftershave: Hâttric Classic
    Aftershave-Balm: Calani Purissima​

Forget what I said in the last 2 days. You can work against the grain. And I can hold it almost like Tom. It only need same kind of routine. It is very unusual to hold that razor in that horizontal position. You have to work more against the weight than on a safety razor, or is not so? This is my opinion.

I have a question about injectors. I had never thought how to hold an injector, I normally shaved in a 30 degrees angle. And so most of Youtubers do that.
    But now I have seen a Video, that shows shaving in a very steep angle like you do it on the Bunny. Is that a better and smoother shaving on any injector?

shaving-scene beginning at 6:23

I like to work more flat. Yesterday I had sad you should make the razor more Gillette Contour-like (with a curve behind the head), but if other injectors work the same, you should let it how it is now. I don't know.

Shaving was good, but the wild shaving the day before and here another work against the grain was too much, so today there was no shaving day.

Maybe tomorrow I will try something more and on Thursday the Bunny will go to the next on the list.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Karl G, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  4. river-rhine

July 13 - Seventh Bunny-shave:

[​IMG]
    My setup:
    Lather:
    Naturseifen-Paradies Frank'n Myrh (Natural-Soap-Paradise Frankincense & Myrrh)
    Brush: Omega Hi.Brush
    Razor #1: Bunny Injector V3 with Schick-blade (3) and NOTSO-comb
    Razor #2: -Schick Injector with Personna-blade (5?)
    Pass: WTG - XTG - XTG - ATG
    Aftershave: Floid Suave

A comparison between 2 Injectors. Half of the face: Bunny, other side: Schick.
    The Schick is smoother although you can get the same result with both razors.
    One thing I noticed that the Schick L-handle you can hold more flat to use the same shaving-angle. So I did it almost right with the Schick before I've known the Bunny. Maybe older Schicks are different.

So here my suggestions for the Bunny , Tom: Don't make the head so chunky. I would suggest a head like the new "Single Edge", behind the comb-teeth a hollow, more flat, not so thick - I hope you know what I mean
    And the second thing is the handle little bit curved, only a little bit, only a few degrees, not more like the Schick on the picture.
    That's all. Rest is perfect :happy088:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  5. river-rhine

July 14 - Eighth Bunny-shave:

[​IMG]
    My setup:
    Preshave:
    Proraso Crema Pre Barba green
    Lather: PREP Shaving Cream
    Brush: Omega S-Brush
    Razor: Bunny Injector V3 with NOTSO-comb
    Blade -Schick (4)
    Pass: WTG - XTG - XTG
    Aftershave: Proraso Menthol green

The last shave with the Bunny was a just for fun
    Now the razor is cleaned, packaged and on the way to the next shaver in Spain.

Thanks to all - For your tips and for being patient with me. It was a great pleasure for me to be a prototype-tester. :thanks:

Karl G, riverrun, macaronus and 2 others like this.
  6. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

So, we're at the end of the list already:

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
    MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
    Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
    Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
    Marverel (The Shave Den thread)

Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
    ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
    RSSO (The Shave Room thread)
    Betriebsarzt13 (The Shave Room thread)
    River-Rhine (The Shave Den thread)

Thalasos (The Shave Room thread)

=> The list is still open, so if you want, you can join in! <=

Legend:
    waiting
    on the way to
    currently with

completed

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

And the Bunny has arrived home safely.

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
    MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
    Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
    Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
    Marverel (The Shave Den thread)

Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
    ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
    RSSO (The Shave Room thread)
    Betriebsarzt13 (The Shave Room thread)
    River-Rhine (The Shave Den thread)
    Thalasos (The Shave Room thread)

DonnerJack (The Shave Room Thread - postponed)

=> The list is still open, so if you want, you can join in! <=

Legend:
    waiting
    on the way to
    currently with

completed

The Bunny is now going on a second - mini - tour. Friends, son etc. I'll keep the list open in the mean time, so new applicants can still join!

Karl G, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    The Bunny V2 & V3 SE Razor by Tom White.
    Who would be interested in owning one at a reasonable price? If so speak up!!!

BTW this is NOT a selling thread

I am thinking of doing a Kickstarter to bring them to the general market at a reasonable price. I have an agreement with Tom himself and indeed I have his personal razors with me.

9. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Sign me up! I’m the very happy owner of an Alpha Shaving Brush with 4 ferrules, two 24mm and two 26mm.

Vlasta likes this.