The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes it was. That's why I mentioned the two of them together.

2. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I recently got a sample of pharaohs dream sickle . My trade someone for Baker Street vanilla sandalwood and mountain man samples as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Paul Turner

I wonder if the same can be said of Spice. To me, Doc Ezlovan did a very good job cloning that classic(Shulton, that is).

4. brit

brit in a box

i may have to try that out .they make spice aftershave as well?

5. Paul Turner

They do indeed..check the reviews of it on the website. As for me, I love the soap, but there's an issue I have with the aftershave-I mean, it smells just like Shulton should, but as of now, my skin can't negotiate it that comfortably.

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

OMG was this intense and so nice! IMG_5389.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim99, Mike-R41, ezlovan and 7 others like this.
  7. Paul Turner

I remember we discussed the Wintergreen, and you said you could pick up a scent. To me, it was like shaving with "Ice Cube Soap". Nothing but the freeze. Got the job done of course-I'll admit that.

8. brit

brit in a box

thank you Paul.will check it out..

9. Paul Turner

Ya LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:

On this date we stand halfway between the previous Stoylin 2020 Tony Awards Nomination Day, and the final one before the big showdown-the Stoylin Tony Awards Best In Show on New Years Day, 2020. With this in mind I have a few comments:

-I'm drumming up the idea that for each of the 2021 Tony Awards Nomination Days, I'll have the winner(of course) AND a runner-up. That way on Best In Show Day 2022, 6 winners and 6 runners-up will be in line. What an exciting time NY Day 2022 will be for Stoylin Soaps.!

-Just this morning I saw in the website that Doc&Nurse Ezlovan will be doing something pertaining to Coffee for next year. They didn't say "WHEN" next year, but I'm sure that was part of the surprise. My reaction to this pleasantry to look forward to is to announce a policy of "swapping horses in midstream"(as the saying goes)by declaring that unlike the current rule, the coffee addition(plus any others they come up with) can be eligible for the Best In Show of the same year, but ONLY IF introduced before the 3rd Tony Nomination day, which would be in June. That allows for enough time, I would think, for it to be a part of the already great Stoylin lineup. If introduced after the 3rd niminations, it's "wait til next year(for eligibility,) baby".

-The products I deemed ineligible for this year (BoS, Triumph, Haverford and Hipster)will indeed be eligible next year.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  10. Paul Turner

Reminds me to bring mine closer to the front of the "bus"(den).

11. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I’m totally lost at this point Paul.

I just filed my 2018 taxes.............83% through 2019.

Your talking 2020, 2021, 2022...........nominations, runners ups, Best in Show.............my brain just threw a breaker switch!

12. Paul Turner

All right....I'll come back to these announcements at the beginning of next year. We'll finish this year first.

13. Latherin’ Luddite

I know you’re a more tenured wet shaver than I am, so maybe you’ve experienced this too. I find that my mood can completely change from month to month or even year to year, and a scent that I love can lose it’s luster while a scent I’m not crazy about can start gaining my appreciation. The scents remain consistent, but my nose and brain can swing a lot with some scents.

I realize it’s not feasible for everyone, but having a decent selection of soaps allows me to always grab one that I’m in the mood for. And this approach also means it takes forever to burn through specific tub.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  14. Paul Turner

Forever can be right.

15. brit

brit in a box

i like that as well.my soaps will last a long time as i usually use something different daily..though sometimes similar..

16. brit

brit in a box

think of present day things sir..like pics..;)..

17. Paul Turner

That's going to have to be filed in "Future Things".

18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Rod is the next YouTube Superstar!

Jim99, ezlovan, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

A great job by the Doc......he gave me a couple things to think about when the time comes for me to "attempt" a REAL razor again. And it will come.

20. Latherin’ Luddite

Rod definitely smells like Gentleman! :D