Top Ten After Shaves Under $15

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Captain Daveman, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I hear you. My list can be rearranged in any number of ways. But the original Pinaud Clubman is hands down my favorite.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have the Clubman set in my sink cabinet but it may have to wait, as there will be 3 days of warmish weather beginning Sunday. It'll have it's turn, believe me. I'll have Clubman Shaving Cream to go with it.....the tall can.

RyX likes this.
  3. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I've been hearing about a soap but seems to get mixed reviews so I haven't pulled the trigger. I don't want to buy something based upon scent and be disappointed if performance isn't there. I've also seen the cream in a tub. Is that the same thing you have?

4. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I’ma 27 year old from NJ new to Traditional WetShaving I’ve been at it for close to one year now (11 months) and surprisingly enough I’ve only tried Old-Spice Lime! I’d love to try some of thoes house-hold names that many guys enjoy on a daily basis!!!!

Leo501 and RyX like this.
  5. Paul Turner

No the cream I have is in a can(like Barbasol, Rise, Gillette, etc). I wonder if the other thing you're talkinabout is the 16 oz. Brushless Cream(it's in a tub). It's one of the "newer products".

MntnMan62 likes this.
  6. geneaut

geneaut Member

Master Bay Rum
    Skin Bracer
    Master Lilac Vegetal
    Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
    Clubman
    Florida Water, but I cut it 50/50 with witch hazel
    Canoe AS
    Stirling Sandpiper
    Barbasol Brisk
    Tabac

johnnyflake, BigD, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Clubman also has a cream in a tube. It works great with a brush. Much better then the goo you know...

brit likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Oh, you mean the 2 oz. thing that I'd like to see done in 4 oz. at least?

9. Paul Turner

As goos come and go, this goo is lovely,

wchnu likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

This one is 6 oz.
    20191011_230118.jpg

BigD, RyX, Angelo85 and 1 other person like this.
  11. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

You can make "green goddess" by doing a 50/50 mix with your osage rub and skin bracer. Its good stuff!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Molesting SB should be outlawed.....That stuff is classic!!

13. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Even better with the osage!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

14. Paul Turner

It is quite nice indeed.

wchnu and brit like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Oh I see.......they increased the amount, but created a tube for it.

16. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

33E60A00-B928-46B4-B6A7-2053B4A0D084.jpeg Got this yesterday on close out $7.00

Angelo85, BigD, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just goes to show how subjective the sense of smell can be. I've used AquaVelva in the blue and brown variations but found I don't enjoy them. They are OK, but I have other products I like! Passed both bottles to other folks.

Bay Rum? Nope, not one of those suits me. I don't even have curiosity anymore for any of the BR products I see others enjoying.
    If you wear cologne or EDT, there may be a matching aftershave or a duplicate scent available. Check websites like basenotes.net for information on products and scent descriptions. You may find there are similarities between some that can define and guide your future choices. Not much difference between AS & most colognes - AS splashes have more alcohol and less scent oils so they fade quickly. I'm not a Balm user so I'll let others speak for the skin protecting properties of them.
    I keep them in separate bottles, but I've found 50/50 mix of Florida Water & Osage Rub great during warm weaher.

johnnyflake, BigD and PanChango like this.
  18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I completely understand. At first I didn't mind the AV blue, but something just turned for me and I would gak anytime I opened a bottle. Not sure what happened, but it did. I also get not liking bay rum. Most of them are over the top too. The one I use is inexpensive and only has a slight bay scent and dissipates quickly. If either of those were not true, I doubt I would even have it. Overall, I am not an EDT or splash person and finish with a cold water splash.

RyX likes this.
  19. Skulmoski

Skulmoski Member

Big Shulton fan here!

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Sea Breeze leaves my skin feeling very nice.