shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Great reply!

Just for clarity, i assume you are blooming the Williams puck in your marvy mug? (Point 1)

brit and BigD like this.
  2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Oh yes.

brit, jluc and BlueShaver like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

@BigD is a blooming bowl latherer.. He is one of the few I would but a beer with

brit, BlueShaver and BigD like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup that is me! Thanks for watching and letting me know it's you!

Mike-R41, brit and BlueShaver like this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Maybe one day. Take you for a nice rare to medium rare steak. Smoke a stogie. Trade manly war stories.

There's Modern Williams, and then there's everything else.
    BigD

AGHisBBS, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  6. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Williams, though it has drawbacks, is quite slick.

brit likes this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

• Rockwell 6S (R6, R5, and R4)
    • Astra SP (3)
    • Modern Williams
    • VdH Bowl
    • Marvy Mug
    • Fine Lather Bowl
    • Zenith B19
    • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
    • Aqua Velva AS
    • DSC Burgamot and White Musk Deodorant
    • Alpecin Hair Lotion
    • DSC Pomade
    Another fantastic shave. I really need to get more pictures of my Modern Williams' Lathers. So awesome of a soap. Unbelievable how good it is.

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ahh... my kinda people right there.

brit likes this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I missed this. That it is.

brit likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It's Williams Wednesday again!!!

BigD and brit like this.
  11. BlueShaver

Will-iant
    Razor: Merkur 500 (#1)
    Blade: Treat Platinum (2)
    Brush: Yaqi synth
    Soap: Williams

[​IMG]
    Modern Williams loves a modern brush (and hot water). For my second use of Williams i rinsed the puck (quickly) in very hot water and then went at it with my brush not quite as dry as i normally do. Blomming? No, but not far off!
    I got a mega load of soap this time round. The lather was very, very thick and luxurious. In this mood, Williams is indeed, very good.

My skin is bad atm, so i dialed down the 500 to minimum. This turned out to not be as rough a shave as i thought it would be tbh. A DFS certainly, although a few touch ups were needed where the razor had skipped over the spumed Williams.

Finished off with witch hazel today. No A/S and certainly no balms. These treat blades are sharp for me. Perhaps too sharp and not the most comfortable but not bad either.

Is there anything these Yaqi brushes can't lather? I doubt it!

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nice!!

brit and BlueShaver like this.
  13. BlueShaver

Are you fuzzy? If so, i watched you on youtube shaving with williams and a 1912 (IIRC).
    I liked your video, but i thought your comment about the soap "not needing to be a thick lather to work properly as it provides plenty slickness" (Paraphrasing) was very good and had me thinking about how to use Williams properly.

Nice shave btw

Frijolero and brit like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes Sir I'm Fuzzy. That is something I say alot. There is no need for butter cream lather in my world. Thank you for watching!

15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no pictures today. Very busy morning. I was worried I wasn't going to get my shave in. Wait, I will always get my shave in. Anyway, here's the shave of my day;
    • Blackland Razors Sabre (L2/L1)
    • Zenith B19
    • VdH Bowl
    • Marvy Mug
    • Fine Lather Bowl
    • Modern Williams
    • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
    • Brut AS
    • Brut Splash On
    • Brut EdT
    • Brut Antiperspirant/Deodorant

I went full Brut today except for my Shave Soap. Of course I went Modern Williams for the slickness and cushion of a well bloomed soap.

16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

@BlueShaver
    Yep @wchnu is one of our resident celebrities. He's the hard headed grumpy uncle that wants nothing but the best for everyone. He'll give you the shirt off his back and make sure you are fed while he tells you how you went wrong and how not to mess up again. We love him with all our heart, even if we ignore some of his advise. I know he loves all of us, even if he won't say it. Apparently in one of his drawers he has about three pounds of Horse Feathers and a Cabinet full of Throwing Bricks. He also apparently eats cereal and soap out of lather bowls as well. Pretty sure he rests his spoon on the brush holders of the lather bowls. If you think about it, that isn't a bad idea. You can eat your cereal while you shave.

17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lmao. Your awesome!!

rbilly, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Modern Williams and AV for me! I broke out a E2 and let it roll. Life is good in the Fuzzyhood.

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Fuzzy is the leader of the Williams mafia and one of my favorite YouTube shaving channel. I'm waiting for Fuzzy to do the ultimate shaving video, the one were he shaves off Chuck Norris's beard with a single edge razor and a puck of vintage williams and lives to post the video.

AGHisBBS, BigD, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

What, no video? Need to hear the Fuzzy rant.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

brit likes this.