2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Just a reminder that I plan to gold plate something in the box to pass on to someone else. It just needs to be a brass razor with minimal pitting. I will strip whatever plate it may have and start from the clean base metal then I will add copper and nickel strike plates with a final bright gold plate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

twhite, b1hart, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Just came home to the box. Yippee just like a Birthday. I will Be opening it later tonight. Can’t wait to fire up some VEG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

b1hart, RyX, kjbarth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:eatdrink013:

RyX, kjbarth and twhite like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Holy Cow is there stuff packed in there. On my first go through I wanted to pick a shave setup for Sunday.

First thing I took was a Schick G8. I love my Schicks but never had a G8. So needless to say it will be living with me for a while.

Next up the soap. As I have gone almost exclusively to sticks. Derby it was. I also have not had the pleasure of using Derby

Next up the AS. As I am one of the chosen( and hella proud of it) I took the sample of that and the sample of Fine. I have not tried the Fine.

As for the non shave treats. I opted for the Desert Storm cards and the small knife.

I will do a more thorough go through tomorrow evening when I have a bit more time.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jrdelgado, RyX, kjbarth and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Awesome! It’s so much fun!

kjbarth, Enrico and RyX like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Come on box!

kjbarth, Enrico and RyX like this.
  7. MrEE

I am restoring a 1958 Redtip. I'm going to plate the body in Rhodium and the TTO knob in Rose Gold. However, I am short 1 endcap. If anyone has an unserviceable '50s or early '60s era Gillette TTO with at least 1 endcap, I can give it a good home.

Jrdelgado, kjbarth, RyX and 3 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Oh yes!
    Had a Fine Shave this morning with all the goodies I chose. [​IMG]
    I will start with the razor. Schick G8 loaded with a Chick Blade. Next is the soap Derby to start off everything.

First thing is the Derby scent. Very strong and a bit industrial smelling. Not a bad or offensive smell. Just different. Using my JR75 it made quick work of getting the Derby to a wonderful lather.

I found the lather to be plenty slick and good cushion. This was actually a nice surprise. Taking my new G8 for the first pass. It did not disappoint. A great 3 pass DFS as I have come to expect from Schick.

For the after shave I chose the Fine Green Vetiver. I love this stuff. Very nice cooling and a great smell. Super plus is my wife likes the scent.

I am off to visit my wife’s mom today. I will rifle through the box some more tonight. I really don’t think I will try anything else as I am very pleased with my picks.

Now the hard part, finding some good replacements for my takes.

Tom

Jrdelgado, brit, kjbarth and 3 others like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

Excellent! Remember the rule take more than you give!

brit, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes. I did have my eye on a brush I might grab.

Jrdelgado, kjbarth, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So Tom, I need a pics fix, how are you enjoying the box?

BTW no rush .... I just like seeing pictures. :)

12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

If anyone has any old razor handles they don’t want, please throw them in the box; I’d like to have them. Thanks!

kjbarth, MrEE, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think I can help you with that. :D

RyX, kjbarth, MR41 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jrdelgado

I just got to thinking. I have never tried Tabac, Mitchell’s wool fat, or Irisch Moos. If anyone has a sample. I know I’m missing out on these.

RyX, kjbarth, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

This may sound crazy, but I'm looking for a :sick013: Red Tip Flare. I have a project .... Just need the handle.

PM me if you have any questions.

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  16. MrEE

You just want the handle? You mean the knob or do you have a set of doors?

It does seem like a stange request. I'm trying to picture what you might be doing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I have an English Flare that its TTO and part of internal shaft is MIA, but its head is great. I want to preform a head transplant (FRANKENRAZOR LIVES). So I want a need the handle, knob and internal shaft. I want a Red Tip for the weighty handle. I'd be either getting it re-plated or gun coated when I'm done.

Hope that makes sense.

brit, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Those do have distinctive knurling on the handles. Post photos when it comes together!

Enrico, brit and kjbarth like this.
  19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It has been a hectic week at work. I will get the box out tomorrow.

MrEE, Enrico, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

At your convenience. Real Life always takes precedence.

kjbarth likes this.