Razorock Eco

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rusty blade, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Let me finish up with this for a few more days, looks like I'm gonna hafta get a spare. Then I'll have one coming toward you.
    I'm the guy behind the camera, not in front of it, so thanks.
    tp

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nope. I will not buy new razor stuff. Any of the new fangled thingies I have come from good folks gifting them to me.

brit and Terry like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks my friend! I have most all of a box of half derbys too. I will film a couple of shaves.

brit and Terry like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

:happy088:
    tp

brit and wchnu like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great!
    tp

brit likes this.
  6. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I am in conus i cant get it to let me send you a pm...

Edison Carter and Terry like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You're all set. Got your PM a few moments ago.

BlueShaver, Edison Carter and Terry like this.
  8. richgem

As of this morning, PIFed to @jaro Enjoy it! :)

Edison Carter and jaro like this.
  9. jaro

Thank you so much @richgem i will enjoy it immensely and i shall do as we said asap....

Edison Carter and richgem like this.
  10. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

For some reason, I'm attracted to that razor. One of my questions about it centers around "snapping" those blades in half. I've watched the video on their site and it would have a person thinking it's very simple and easy to "just bend/snap" a blade in half and maybe it is. But it's been my experience that nothing is as dadgum easy as it can be shown to be. So, my question would be this. Is it as easy to do as it looks in that video? Are the 100 Crown blades they send with it SE or DE?

11. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'm trying to apply your description here so that a fellow that hasn't used anything remotely close to this in years. I'm coming off a recent lifetime of electric, throwaway, and cartridge razors. Would you think it would be reasonably "safe" so to speak for a fellow like me? Back when I did use injectors and DEs years and eons ago, I did OK with a random nick and corner of tissue stuck on my face.

12. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have used the Eco many times since I purchased it. I have tried different blades and I find my usual favourite blades work fine, e.g GSB, Astra SP, Feather. The only blade I didnt really care for was the Crown blades that came with the razor. I may try them again in a year and I am sure they will be fine. The Eco, in my view, is like any razor. When you first use it the shave is a bit rough, the blade a bit edgy. But like anything, we adapt and the shaves get better with each use. The angles and pressure take a bit of fine tuning, but overall, this is a good razor. While the Eco wont be replacing my Schick Type G anytime soon, it will be a novelty to use every once in while.

Edison Carter likes this.
  13. richgem

It really is that dadgum easy. And the Crown blades are SEs.

jaro likes this.
  14. jaro

Yes it is that easy. The crowns are SE so you don't even have to snap them. I am still on my first crown blade and I'm at # 4 or 5 on it.

15. jaro

Simple answer.. Yes. Of course ymmv but its a pretty easy to use razor.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's easier to snap a DE blade than it is to open a can of soda. You can also cut them in half with ordinary scissors. Either way, break them or cut them, leave them in the wrapper while you are doing it.

17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I have a couple nice pairs of Wiss shears that do the job nicely !

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    PLANofMAN and Edison Carter like this.
  18. richgem

"So easy, even a caveman can do it." ;)

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I recently revisited the Eco and the Crown blades that came with my purchase. I've been getting great shaves with this combination. It just goes to show how, over time, our technique can improve.

Terry and S Barnhardt like this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Very nice!
    Good form!

tp