2019 Travelling Box Tour Round Three

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I have a flare tip handle from a donor razor, but it's just a standard flare tip. I may still have a spider bar and shaft, but I will have dig through my stuff.

I just gave a couple redtips away as gifts so my pickings are slim.

RyX, kjbarth and MR41 like this.
  2. terstation

terstation Active Member

So thinking ahead about what I am going to put in the box when it swings through. I definitely have some good ideas, but also had a few items I was considering if anyone showed interest. I don't want to put something that might not be wanted by others. Would anyone downrange of me be interested if I also threw in an Enders' Dollar Razor w/ a blade (as a template if anyone wants to try and mod a blade to fit), a Christy and a couple of straight razors (a H. Boker Injun and a Sheffield steel blade that the blade looks like it may have been honed weird or it is just different than my nonexistent straight knowledge is aware of.) I have picked these up over the years in lot buys and would like them to go to a good home instead of hiding out in the recesses of my den.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Enrico, RyX, MrEE and 1 other person like this.
  3. MrEE

I'm down stream from you and perfectly willing to take a project straight razor. If you think they have enough steel left to grind a straight edge on them or the scales are good enough to reuse, throw them in. If I have no use for them and no one shows interest, I'll probably take them out anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Enrico, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  4. terstation

terstation Active Member

K look
    There is definitely potential for one if you know how to hone. The other either has been honed within inches of its life and you might be able to use the scales or it's the strangest straight I have ever seen.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

kjbarth, MrEE and RyX like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

kjbarth and Enrico like this.
  6. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

The order is in post 92.

- Ken

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thank you Ken!

(First Post Edited to reflect the Current Order.)

kjbarth likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No worries. :happy088:

:eatdrink047:

kjbarth likes this.
  9. MrEE

I usually go on 2 7 to 10 day business trips a year. Shall we start taking bets on the box arriving at my house right after I leave on a 10 day business trip?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Ok. All ready to go out today.

So my gives are some homemade AS. It is a scent from a small place named KleanSpa The scent is Bound and Shagged. Just a heads up. It only has the. EO some Vitamin E and witch hazel. You can add some alcohol if you like. Everclear
    is the best.

Also I included you be of my 3D printed razors the TNNSER and a few blades. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    RyX, Enrico, terstation and 1 other person like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great gives!

:eatdrink013:

RyX and kjbarth like this.
  12. RyX

RyX DoH!

I would recommend that no one even sniff this stuff. It smells of clean cotton sheets. If you juice it up with Everclear like I did, between the scent oils and added ingredients it will make your other AS quiver in fear of not being used. Oh, go ahead... They do sell a same scented shave product - a cream?

(That's amazing stuff Tom! Thanks for setting me up with the AS!)

kjbarth, Enrico and twhite like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just one more thing I'm looking for .... anyone have a brass blade injector. :signs002:

kjbarth and RyX like this.
  14. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yanno, I just might have one. I also may have given it away years ago. I will check my stash.

Enrico, RyX, kjbarth and 1 other person like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs021:

kjbarth likes this.
  16. kjbarth

The box, it's arrived.

3E341B93-26FD-483B-BE7F-176A20306F6E_4_5005_c.jpeg A023DFE7-2EC0-486D-82AE-4E2EF54A8C4F_4_5005_c.jpeg

I'll open the box, take some pics and post them. Figure out what my takes are and take and post pics. Then take and post pics of my adds.

758AC8B1-879D-487B-A27F-0F4A29B92960_4_5005_c.jpeg

twhite and RyX like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was contacted by a TSD Member about joining this Round. If we are full up, then it's time to consider a Round Four?

Enrico and twhite like this.
  18. kjbarth

Ok, opened and unpacked the box. One leaker but it’s in two ziplock bags so hopefully will be ok.

Looking through to decide what to take. Need to gather my adds.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

- Ken

MR41, RyX and Enrico like this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So Ken, what treasures did you find in the box for your den? Have you tried some of the soaps, maybe with that Banded Schick you've always wanted. ;) It's ok you can keep it, I've got more of those to drop in the box. :D

Maybe if that poor stained Omega makes it back to me (that I dropped in), I'll re-knot it with a large flat top synthetic knot and give some extra weight (before dropping it back in the box).

Who dropped in the nice looking stag horn knife; I might have a multitool or Swiss pocket knife to add if any one's interested.

Cool looking magnifier, I have one of those. They come in real handy with fine print. :happy088:

MR41, kjbarth and RyX like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

These Travelling Boxes are beginning to be akin to Pasteur's Pharmacy.....what a variety of products!!

MR41, kjbarth, Enrico and 1 other person like this.