FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

cool score ..

jgreenepa and twhite like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

The Shave Collectibles Mtg this weekend in West Chester, Ohio was awesome. Scored a silver plated Old Type, a silver plated New Standard, a Barbasol Razor, a Fason Bakelite Slant, and a nickel plated Rolls. BCAACBB1-E986-4571-BF73-5E95AECF57DE.jpeg 3E4932F4-1D4C-4A10-9CAD-C94ED34DE41D.jpeg BDAEB12E-B70E-42E1-85A8-5AD744DFF0B8.jpeg A8881728-03B8-4D9D-BAE4-9C1D165C3AE3.jpeg 31DF4B7A-4872-44AE-AB11-DF14730DC525.jpeg EC2E3C1C-D3D4-4F0F-A2BD-2D90EEEE42B2.jpeg 2BA18F43-7735-4708-B832-96BE8C25EE88.jpeg 03856878-9764-45DB-85AA-BB976ECA837D.jpeg 89329A3A-872B-4098-AA27-F43F33AF8BA8.jpeg 8DF229F2-DD10-46B7-B489-336D1408624F.jpeg 19D4C9F8-F6A6-44BC-ABB3-5095007D76D7.jpeg 7CDF0C88-3BDE-4FCA-91CB-71331C3902F4.jpeg

Attached Files:

Hembree, RyX, jimjo1031 and 6 others like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Great catches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hembree, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yeah especially that Barbasol floating head, you almost never find them with the case let alone the original box, blades and instructions.

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Some nice finds, I like that Torrey lather catcher workmanship.

6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The Torrey is the one I am most excited about. I LOVE wedge Blade razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. brit

brit in a box

very cool scores Jeff..

Hembree and jgreenepa like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! Had a great shave from the New Standard this AM. The Old Type is in the batting cage.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Hembree, brit and twhite like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool.its a fine razor..:)

Hembree likes this.
  10. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Thought I would post these seldom seen DE types
    DE.jpg

Edison Carter, Ron R, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

From the wild, a dirty girl. My first thought was to check up under for a date code.
    Black Beauty Super 109.gif Ugh, someone didn't care for their gear. But it's only soap, right? Hot water, Dawn dish liquid, and an old toothbrush cleaned up the baseplate and the rest. Still no date code? A little reading told me Gillette changed the marks from the plastic baseplate to inside on top of the tray where it's metal. Still no date stamp? Yup. It's a NDC Super Adjustable 109 with vertical knurling. There's a range of years it might have been made but it'll never be someones Birth Year/Quarter prize. Even after a couple of thorough scrubbings and some detailing with Mother's polish she's still a dirty looking girl, but those are battle scars. They add character! Best news is it shaves well. Soon to be in The Traveling Box Round Three.
    SOTD 10222019 NDC BB109 - JC DE.gif

Enrico, Edison Carter, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

RyX and Hembree like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

cool razor..

RyX and Hembree like this.
  14. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

I just bought the missus this: (NOS 1969)
    s-l1600.jpg

Her response to this news was confusion: "Why do i need a razor when you have so many?"
    I had no answer obv.

I am hoping it is some kinda gateway drug for her lol.

RyX, Edison Carter, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

RyX, Ron R, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  16. BlueShaver

Isn't it!

There is a bloke on the bay selling them NOS for his mate for $20 a piece. I only hope they go to a good home rather than a razor flipper...

RyX, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

Nice razor! My wife cannot tolerate any AS or Cologne scents. So despite having collected a large number before the death of my first wife, I’m now forced to simply stare at them. My current wife is very sensitive to odors. The only time I can indulge is when I’m traveling by myself or when she’s traveling. Oh well, the joys of connubial bliss!

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

RyX, Edison Carter, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The date code is on the upper side of the base plate inside the tray where you load the razor. That one is a 1977 up to 81/82.

RyX, brit, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  19. jgreenepa

You would be amazed at some of the razors that were available for sale. The attendees represent some of the largest collectors in the US, and they use this meeting to get rid of their third and fourth duplicates. My Barbasol was a forced duplicate.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

20. BlueShaver

Bah. the seller cancelled the order :(

Ah well.

Enrico, RyX and brit like this.