Got two new brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Suhrim21, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

Got these as a gift from eBay. The listing said they are both from Frank Shaving. The C-MON says it's silvertip. The black one says pure badger. They both feel nice. Mother paid 12.49 after shipping for both of them. Can't wait to use them. I really wanted the one that says C-MON. The C-MON is obviously a clone. Anyone who what the black one is a clone of. I assume it's a clone as well.
    Message_1571878532204_compress36.jpg Message_1571878567441_compress58.jpg 20191023_175659_compress97.jpg 20191023_175704_compress0.jpg 20191023_175710_compress94.jpg 20191023_175718_compress80.jpg 20191023_175932_compress7.jpg 20191023_175921_compress43.jpg

2. Briscoe

Briscoe Well-Known Member

Nice find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Suhrim21

Thanks. I love them and haven't even used them yet.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Congrats! Those are real purdy! :happy088:

:eatdrink013:

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good looking brushes. :happy096:

RyX likes this.
  7. Suhrim21

Is that a brand? The eBay listing said it was a Frank Shaving brush. Well said both are Frank Shaving but neither have the FS logo anywhere

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Nice looking brushes!

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not for certain, but it sure does look like the new handles they are reproducing to look like vintage pieces. The "HC" logo on the bottom? Need someone to look at theirs to confirm. You might watch the Shave of the Day thread for one like it and ask an owner. Couple guys in The 30 Day Rule / Focus Group have them, too.

10. Suhrim21

I ran a search for heritage collection brushes and they do have a website. That C-MON is one of theirs. I wonder why the Chinese sellers said they are both FS brushes. And after going to that HC website I realized I got a hell of a deal. The handles without a knot are 40 bucks. So then I started thinking I wonder if the Chinese sellers on eBay are cloning the clones. IDK but all I know is can't complain about the price and both brushes feel like good quality. I'm just curious about the picture on the black one if it is a brand anyone recognizes.

RyX likes this.
  11. Suhrim21

Looking at the heritage collection site it says on all of the C-MON clones the best you can get is 2band knot. I'm not sure what the knot in the one it got is. I have a Stirling 2 band fan and a FS 2 band bulb. This knot does not feel like either. It has less backbone like the one silvertip brush I have. So I think it's a Chinese company making a clone of the clone of the C-MON brush. I think the knot is a Chinese silvertip. I tried the brush tonight. First shave with it and it she'd like a husky in Vegas in July. I'm going to have to see if it keeps shedding. But the brush is very nice. Feels great in the hand. The knot isn't bad either. Felt good.