Smoothest Safety Razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Moose, Apr 16, 2019.

1. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Smooth and easy, a Gillette Tech or Schick Injector G1 or L1.

Hembree, brit and ordinaryshaver like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I own a lot of razors, and I mean a lot of razors. The smoothest razor that I own is without a doubt the RazoRock Baby Smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

3. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,,hello Kevin..

4. Ztob

Ztob New Member

Feather Popular

MrDaniel's and brit like this.
  5. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

Good choice

brit likes this.
  6. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I'm putting together an affordable starter kit for one of my wife's long time friends. I picked up two (I've gotta try one out too, you know!) RazoRock DE1 Heads, and a Scratch/Dent Stainless HD Handle, all for a grand total of $9.99 ea plus shipping. Well the Scratch/Dent doesn't have any discernible scratches or dents, in fact they look great. I guess they just don't meet RazoRock's cosmetic standards.

Anyway of course I've gotta try mine out before I assemble the starter kit. So I tried it yesterday with a Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile Blade. Man this thing was super smooth and efficient. The big draw back is that the angle is slightly different from what I'm used to and there is almost no Blade feel. So I had to adjust going off of audible feedback.

brit, Moose, BigMark83 and 1 other person like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i would still say the brit new rfb for me.the new sc is a close second .enjoying both..

8. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

My mildest and most used smooth razors:
    Gillette Tech (gold tone, '78), Baili "Upgrade" (BD176 - same as RazoRock DE1 or BD191 - same as RazoRock Teck II), Gillette Super Speed, Weishi 9306.

brit likes this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

YUMA.

I am serious as well lol.

brit likes this.
  10. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

This, and a Tech.

brit likes this.
  11. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Noticeably missing in this thread: Expensive razors.

Juno, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Smooth and enjoyable razors

Razorock
    SLOC or GC.84- :happy088::happy088::happy088: Razorock SLOC 2017 (2).jpg Razorock Game change .84 2018 (2).jpg

Everready 1914 - :happy088::happy088::happy088: Ever Ready  1914 LLC mfg 1914-17 (2).jpg
    Gem Damasakeene 1912 open comb:happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088: GEM Damaskeene OC 1912-15(2).jpg
    Gem junior 1912 parade 1943 variant with baton handle-:happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088: Gem JR Parade Mfg 1943 variant (2).jpg
    Pal injecto-matic-:happy088::happy088::happy088: Pal Injecto-matic MFG 1952+ (2).jpg
    Schick M3 injector adjustable :happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088: Schick injector M3 adjustable razor MFG 1970-72 (2).jpg
    Gillette British Rocket-:happy088::happy088::happy088: Gillette British 1950's Rockets (2).jpg
    Star bar lather catcher #4 model -:happy088::happy088::happy088::happy088: Star lather catcher1919 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    brit likes this.
  13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Futur is missing as well.

brit likes this.
  14. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

If my perceptions are accurate, I think my consistently smoothest AND most efficient shaves come from my Merkur 37C. Smooth and effortless, and can usually call it quits in one pass plus touch-ups. Not very blade dependent either. At least that’s how I perceive things right now.

brit likes this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The Timeless Bronze is very smooth, and expensive

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit and Latherin’ Luddite like this.
  16. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Any properly built razor should be smooth in the right hands. This is where manufacturing and skill come together, IMO.

brit likes this.
  17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I must amend my last post on this issue since I just received an ATT Copper Windsor (R plate). Although I've only had one shave with the little beauty; I will say that she is equal to my current two smoothest shavers - NEW SC and Pre-war Tech. From what I can remember I had a 4 day growth and was astounded how hefty, smooth, stable, and quiet it was going ATG. I used the standard ASTRA and will try a Med Prep and Polsilver on my next several jaunts. Unless something changes I suspect the Windsor will move ahead (by a whisker) of the two reigning champs - no small feat. Life is good.....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Ron R and brit like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

In the category of smooth AND efficient I would list:
    1. Seki AS-D2
    2. Colonial Silversmith
    3. Blackland Vector
    4. Karve w/ C OC plate
    5. Ever Ready Streamline

brit and Linuxguile like this.
  19. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I've been through many, many razors over the last decade. Hundreds of vintage razors in my collection. Used many modern razors at all price points. It's absolutely crazy, but my smoothest DE razor is a cheap Turkish Yuma razor. It doesn't look like much, with its very unfinished die-cast look, but it does the job and is the razor I reach for most often these days. My smoothest SE razor is the Blackland Vector. IT's about as perfect a razor as you can get. Pricey, but well worth every penny.

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I agree! My Vector is my favorite razor, and the one I reach for most regularly.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit likes this.