October 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 30, 2019.

?

And your OCtober plans include..........?

1. Using some great Open Comb razors and the Mighty Fat every Monday/Wednesday/Friday!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  2. Using some great Open Comb razors but no Fat. Something else on that end.

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Open Combs and the Fat on Tuesday/Thursday - just to be difficult.

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Still gonna shave with straights!

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. Whatever I choose because I just roll that way!

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  6. Trick or Treating for cookies and ice cream!!

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Thank you

- Ken

9nein9, Linuxguile, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  2. kjbarth

Thanks Gary

- Ken

3. kjbarth

Thanks Gary

- Ken

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

PiacenzDay Wednesday

The day I celebrate mid week by using the soap all others aspire to be like when they grow up, Stirling Piacenza.

Another shave with the Injectors still wrangling away.

But first, the Stirling Tuxedo kicked in the warp drive to puff the Stirling Piacenza suds up to spume factor 9.

The Schick I1 was back in form with its trusty Chick armament.

The Supply spiffy young buck went straight for the Japanese steel, the Schick Proline.

In the end, it was a draw. With slight adjustments, each can deliver a totally rewarding shave.

For my preference, I'm going with the Supply loaded with a Proline. A lighter more delicate touch is all that is needed. I like it. I also like that the razor disassembles for easy cleaning. The I1 can get schmutzified pretty easily.

Finished up with the Piacenza AS & EdT and went about my day.

I'll be anxious to see what the new Supply blades will be like. Did I say that you can beat a price increase on the Supply hardware before Nov 1st.

20191030_222437-1.jpeg

Terry, kjbarth, 9nein9 and 13 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

OCtober MWF OC & The Fat

Mitchell's Wool Fat SS
    2019 Poculi by @jtspartan
    Suribachi & cool water
    Gillette NEW LC 3pc
    Bolzano blade
    CTS Hill Country Dew AS
    SOTD 10302019 Hill Country Dew.gif Every other day shaves brings me to my last for this month. The Fat Focus has been great! Love the open combs nearly all month, too. Rather than use the preshave soap, I went straight to the Mitchell's. Used Joseph's @Primotenore method with Jason's brush and a synth knot for plenty of perfect suds. Unknown number of uses on the blade, but it showed no signs of degradation. Three full passes, lather to spare so I took a fourth full pass, and then worked the corners and hollows. Still had lather left over so I washed my whole face with the squeezings from the brush. Alum didn't peep giving testament to the technique of no pressure, ride the cap, and make plenty of shaving faces for an error free procedure. Then there's the post shave product. Central Texas Soaps thinly disguised homage to Mountain Dew. It does have a citrus scent very much like the carbonated beverage. It's also an aloe / witch hazel / alcohol splash. I appreciate the scent, but I could believe someone pulled a slick one and actually refilled the bottle with sugary sweet soft drink. Not the diet one - it left me with a coating of I guess aloe juice. It's going back in The Traveling Box.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

Paul Turner, Terry, kjbarth and 14 others like this.
  6. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

No Gary, you may not steal Paul's avatar for your collection!

Paul Turner, brit, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober with the FAT

October 30

Razor -1918 Gillette Old Type
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    Brush -30DC Meet-Up LE
    Post - Alum

Two shaves remaining in OCtober so let's get tonight's out of the way. Going to finish the month with the oldest open comb I have, the 1918 Gillette Old Type. What a great little beast this razor is. Adding a fresh Sharp Star to get the sharpest possible edge on an aggressive little razor. It's also the final MWF shave of the month. I'll weigh the puck tomorrow morning to allow the excess moisture to evaporate and get a monthly total use of the MItchell's. For the brush...the 30DC Meet-Up brush from Canada featuring the SynBad bulb knot.

Lather was overabundant and overly slick. Great stuff. No issues at all there and the razor was as smooth as ever. I held the angle on the cap and just let it rip. No blood or other problems in three passes and no irritation from the alum either. Fantastic result from a very nice setup. Gotta love it as we wrap up the month.

Tomorrow I'll stick with the hardware and bring in a Stirling mutton tallow to wrap up OCtober!! One more day so let's keep it going with all the great shaves and discussions around here. Thanks again for all you guys to do keep this place moving! Have a great Thursday!! And Happy Halloween!

October 30 2019.jpg

Terry, kjbarth, brit and 13 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Still one more day to go (and night) in OCtober but the international date line is close! And, some of you just like to be first so..........HERE IS NOVEMBER!!!

Terry, kjbarth, brit and 7 others like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I dropped a post in The Haul, but thought I'd deliver more details here. Earlier this summer I thought I'd be in Australia right now. My oldest son and his girl delivered their first born today (tomorrow there). Mom's doing well, baby Alexander is delivered in good order. I still hope to travel and see them soon, but life is what happens while you're making plans. Mom took ill, spent some time in hospital, and has recovered enough to be doing PT in a nice nursing home. Spoke to dad tonight and he said they are going to ask the doctor if she can get a "weekend pass" to spend a few days at the house. That's all good news, all the way around the world. So as soon as we get things sorted out here locally I'll look again to consider traveling. Those passports are an expensive bit of bling to keep locked up without actual visa stamps in em.

Terry, kjbarth, 9nein9 and 13 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pics Bill..

11. brit

brit in a box

congrats grandpa Rick..:bounce017::bounce017::eatdrink047:

12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

That razor sounds great, Jeff!
    Just pulled out the Mountain Man shampoo bar, Ken. Like you say, a nice scent.
    Love the colour on that Duke, Ken!
    Beauty LC- that razor is the star of the week.
    Don’t resist- Lots of ‘em available and for not much $.
    Nice Prison Shiv!
    Nice not so subtle enabling, Bill...
    Great RicPic again!
    Nice House Bolton, Neal...
    Paw Paw again! Super. Congrats, Rick!

13. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I bought my LC a couple months ago but never shaved with it. OCtober pushed me through all the OCs in my collection and the NEW LC stood out. It's now in my top 4 favorites. The others are my RedTip, Fatboy, and Parker Variant.

Terry, 9nein9, Edison Carter and 10 others like this.
  14. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Thanks Gary

Linuxguile, PLAla, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

nice shaves from a new lc..cool favorites..

Linuxguile, PLAla, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shaves, pics and reports, Bill and Rick!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Congrats on the new addition to the family, Rick!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

brit, Linuxguile, RyX and 4 others like this.
  18. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great commentary Bill. Awesome shave!

Nice read and shave. Congrats on the news from Down Under!

Great shave Neal!

19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks guys! We purchased yarn locally, and we ordered more on Amazon last night.

Clint, I fear yarn shows are in my future. At least the booty weighs less than beads. ;)

Terry, brit, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice kamisori Keith. Awesome shave setup. Love the watch too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.