Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #292
    J.A. Henckels Rapide
    CVS CS SE
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger Brush. I did two passes and a cleanup with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher razor with a CVS CS SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, brit and 9 others like this.
  2. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Is that a Rockwell Handle on a gem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

No as stated Ever Ready 1924 with Ikon Bulldog handle

brit likes this.
  4. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

SOTD november 8th. Soap was CBL Jaris Hair Tonic...it performed amazingly well. Abundant easy slick lather with minimal work.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 10 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Enders razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -This model MFG 1940's>
    Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
    Soap : Razorock Lavender
    Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
    Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= [​IMG]

Enders SOTD (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD Nostalgic November 8th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    Schick Injector Type F
    Chinese Schick Injector blades (3)
    BRM Boar (24mm, Frigate Class)
    B&M Eventide soap
    PAA Strange Island AS
    Dry Dock lather bowl

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

7. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

My Ever-Ready lather catcher finally saw some action today because I finally got around to finishing the temporary JB weld blade stop fix. This razor surprised me. I didn't expect it to shave as well as it did. It is smoother than my Star but not as smooth as my Gem Jr. Bars. It is very efficient and even shaving at a ridiculously steep angle performed well. I had the TNNSER 3D ready incase things didn't go well but ended up only using it on the back of my neck. Which the TNNSER handle shape and length is great for. I ended up with a very close shave with very minimal irritation which I attribute to said ridiculously steep shaving I tried.
    I didn't shim the Gem Ss PTFE blade but may try it next time for comparison sake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 11 others like this.
  8. GAW9576

I love the Enders with a proline B20
    I too have made an @Jayaruh inspired JB weld blade adapter. The man is a genius. I even made one where I set the blade slightly forward of the original blade reveal for a slightly more aggressive setting. It shaved extremely well until one of the enders blade tabs snapped mid shave. I'll have to make another.

MPF9, brit, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  9. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Saturday 11.09.19 SOTD

DSCF0042 - Edited (1).jpg

I Provenzali Olive Oil Artisan Bar Soap
    Schick Eversharp Type G1 Injector Razor (replated in 24k gold)
    Schick Injector Razor Blade (2)
    Yaqi Ruby Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
    Proraso Red Tub
    Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0043 - Edited.jpg

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 9 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Excellent job on that stop. I have a lather catcher that I need to do the same thing to.

jgreenepa, brit and GAW9576 like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick G1v3, Schick blade, shave 4
    [​IMG]

Last iteration of the G1 made in 53 - 54. It differs from the first variants by the rounded ferule that the spring is attached to. This is probably one of the best milder razors I own not a perfect BBS but it gets the job done with little fanfare. I had opined that the Type L clone is a lot like this razor well it is close but not the same, this one more milder than the Type L clone, the Type L clone is actually more like a G1v1 made circa 46/47 which is a little more aggressive than the later model G1 razors. Also the Type L clone gives a closer shave than this razor with the Schick blade. Put another blade besides as Schick or Proline B-20 in the Type L clone then the G1v3 is the closer shave regardless of blade used in it.

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 5 others like this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I hope that does not happen to me because I have only one blade, what I did before I did anything to modify the Enders blade carrier is boil it for a 5 minutes to let some of the stress out of the surgical steel blade that has been loaded in the razor for some time (decades ?). The razor is like new IMO other than lack of blades.
    I did forward my blade approx .011 thousands of a inch because others have mentioned it being mild and did a trial test on blade exposure on unaltered original Enders blade and figured nothing to lose by making it a little more aggressive. Still testing the blade carrier( not a perfect 1st trial and needs a little tweaking) but I can always flip it 180 degrees and manually set what I want for blade exposure.
    Have some great shaves.

BigD, GAW9576, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. GAW9576

I hope to get a good quality soldering iron for jewelry and do a more permanent fix on the blade stop. But the JB weld fix at least let me try the razor out and hopefully it will hold for a while. I did carefully scratch the surface a little before applying it.

The blades with the greyhound on them seem to be much thicker and more robust than the others that I got without the greyhound. At least the few that I've seen and others have said the same. Which blade do you have?

BigD, PLAla and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

cool enders shave Ron..

Ron R likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

very cool Andrew..

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 9th
    Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
    Blade: Feather FHS (1)
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: PAA Boomtown Bay Rum
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Boomtown Bay Rum

No Repeat November

Good morning! [​IMG]

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 7 others like this.
  17. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD November 9, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: Superior Lather Catcher SE
    Brush: JR #41 badger
    Soap: Stirling Gentleman
    Post: Witch hazel, Wet Shaving Products Tobacco aftershave

SOTD 11-9-19.jpg

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 8 others like this.
  18. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Currently, all razors direct from Supply have all 3 plates.
    $79 for the lighter alloy metal
    $150 for the Stainless.
    They have a new blade made to their specs for grind, hone and coatings. Available later this month.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  19. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Saturday
    November 9, 2019

Blackland Sabre L2
    GEM PTFE
    Shavemac Silvertip D01
    Noble Otter Orbit
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool
    Brooks Brothers Blue

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 8 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD Nov 09-2019, Having a little fun with this Enders speed razor and today was a excellent day for a great shave it produced. Having a little Gem and Schick experience that comes into hand Technique with the Enders it can produce a excellent shave with a Ender's blade carrier(Jararuh's idea at TSD). The razor is nimble and a different experience when shaving because I basically engineered my shave feel and not some one else to get MY desired results. Once the carrier is set to your shave it is just shaving 101 for the next round with same settings as before + a historical OPEN COMB razor brought back into service!

Razor : Enders speed razor- MFG 1940's> for this model
    Blade : Schick proline B20(1) with a Enders blade carrier modified to hold the B20
    Soap : Nivea original shaving cream
    Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm +
    Presahve: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + dollop of Aloe Vera gel
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + Nivea balm
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper= [​IMG]

Enders trial #2 with improved carrier (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    jimjo1031, jgreenepa, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.