Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

jluc likes this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fine nivea shave Ron.love the blue aftershave..harder to find but worth it..

3. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

It is good juice, I always put some mid arm to see how long it lasts (3-4 hrs)because it is a appealing scent IMO.
    Have a great day Gary!

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

and you ..:)

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Then they changed the options for the razors. It used to be $79 for razor with only the 2 dot plate then you have to pay extra for the 1 and 3 dot combo. If they could sell the stainless steel model for $79 before then it certainly isn't worth $150 even with the extra plates. The alloy one is probably over priced also. I understand they have to make a profit and all that but too many hands in the pie drives up the prices especially when end seller doesn't understand how to manufacture items and gets taken to the cleaners by the those that do. For those prices you expect a razor that doesn't look like a utilitarian prototype and not a finished piece.

With that said if the razors still shave the same the alloy version will be an improvement just because of the weight reduction of the handle. if they were trying to break into a market with more competition like DE razors and established companies they would have been out of business as fast as they got into it with that razor. They seem to understand how to do a business and a product line but not the flagship product itself.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Edison Carter and brit like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick G1v3, Schick Proline B-20, shave 5
    [​IMG]

Better shave than with the Chinese Schick blade and I know why also. I hit the angle too steep yesterday this razor really works best at an almost parallel to the cap shallow angle. Shave is right on the edge of a BBS shave only some stubble left in one trouble spot but I am smooth everywhere else.

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Gary!

brit likes this.
  9. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The change-up is is in timing with Shark Tank backing. Nov. 1 date.

I bought one of the Stainless jobs before the price increase and only went for the 2 dot plate because that is what it seems most folks use. I'll agree, it is heavy and requires adapting. I think it shaves quite close to my I1. I do like the slight rounding of the 'cap'. I think it helps me rock it to get on ideal angle easier.

$79 did not seem high for machined stainless. Less than a $165 minigoose for sure. Time will tell how the alloy will do.

Mine would have gone back if I had to use the AccuTec blades they originally supplied. I found it quite nice with a Chinese Schick or a Proline. I'll report on the new Supply blades when I get them.

I believe the market that Supply is gunning for is the multi-blade cartridge. I applaud that effort. If someone had put one of these things in my hand when Gillette discontinued the original Atra, I'd have never shaved with anything else.

BBS, Ron R and brit like this.
  10. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Sunday 11.10.19 SOTD

DSCF0001 - Edited (2).jpg
    Pre de Provence Verbena face lather and rinse
    Pal InjectoMatic Injector Razor Made in England
    Pal Hollow Ground Injector Razor Blade (1)
    Mr. PB24BA-04 Pure Badger
    Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
    Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0005 - Edited.jpg

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, BigD and 9 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

i agree.if someone had put me onto a schick injector instead of a bic back in the early 80s i would have had a very different outlook on shaving..

Edison Carter likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pics Jim..

13. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary

brit likes this.
  14. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Declaration Grooming | Darkfall (Milksteak)
    Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
    L&L Grooming | Darkfall EdP (Pre-release)

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

stunning pic Matt..yum..

16. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir!

brit likes this.
  17. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I have never been able to use a Bic. My Dad had no trouble with them. When we cleaned his house after he moved to assisted living, he had drawers full of them. I figured that they all shaved the same, new or used.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Depends which I1. If it is the one that has Schick Safety Razor on the head then I'll agree with that statement. That 2 dot plate is just not that good, same as the I1v2 which is what that particular I1 should be termed as. The 3 dot plate on the other hand works very well. If Razorock had built the razor I would guarantee the price point would have been around the $30 to $50 range for the set or at least the razor handle and 1 plate. As far as weight goes they could have channeled out the center of the handle like the Occams razor to reduce the weight and/or afterwards put in a piece of moulded rubber to make it easier to grip also as an improvement to the handle plus it would look more like a finished retail piece designed for the general public and not something a business would use.

BigD, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

dad had been using electrics for a long time early 70s?not sure.but he doesn't recollect his razors when he wet shaved.at least thats his current answer..

Edison Carter likes this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 9th/ Sun 10th Nov.

Simpson Chubby 1/ Maggards 2Band [ Sunday ]
    Mondial Tobacco Verde
    Occams V2 / No 3 plate
    Feather Proguard [ 1/2 ]
    La Toja A/S Lotion

Have been away for a couple of nights, and got back early this morning so apart from the brush used my Travel kit. A not so pleasant Shave yesterday as Mirror position made it awkward to Shave, especially on the neck. What a difference at Home, really comfortable Shave, and the usual excellent close all round finish that I have come to expect from the Occams.

IMG_0252.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    jimjo1031, jgreenepa, Ron R and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.