FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

thats too bad ,another will come up..

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

That is specifically a "Ladies Razor" but if she doesn't want it, I guess you can give it ago. Same top end as the Flare Tip.

Shame they withdrew the offer. I'm guessing someone got on the bay and saw what they currently sell for. They'll be relisted at current full retail in short order.

That's what I read, but this one has no date code in the top of the metal tray either. It's a NDC. From this source ;

"Leave it to Gillette to do strange things! Here is an early Super Adjustable 109 PV with no date code at all."

brit and BBS like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've had that happen a few times .... I think eBay needs to boot sellers that do that on a regular basis. :prrr:

:eatdrink013:

brit and RyX like this.
  4. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

According to that you got an earlier one most likely.

RyX and brit like this.
  5. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Well, I've ventured into a land I swore I wouldn't go into. Buying razors on-line. I'm afraid the sickness may have slid in on me when I was in a weak state of not buying a razor for a whole week. I got this little cream puff off the fleabay. The best I can tell it's a 1947-1951 Fat Handle Gold Tech? I'm not sure about the case because it doesn't say Gold Tech on the outside by where it says Gillette. The case smells moldy and old but it's kinda clean and I can't see any mold. The razor was pretty dirty when I got it but 2 passes threw the sonic cleaner with Simple Green and just a couple of minutes with Dawn and a toothbrush and this is what I ended up with. The cap isn't as bad as it looks in the picture as there is still a pretty good gold tint to it. I kept hearing something rattling around with the case while the razor was in the cleaner and upon further investigation, I found 7 used B-1 Gillette Blue Blades and on Mr. Razor, they appear to be 1956 models. I don't understand why they would take the inside of the case out to keep the old blades? A road razor maybe? I'm really starting to like the Fat Handle razors over the ball end jobs. So much easier for me to hang on to. Sorry 'bout that monster 3rd pic. Still working on that sizing deal.

IMG_0784.JPG IMG_0785.JPG IMG_0786.JPG IMG_0787.JPG IMG_0788.JPG IMG_0789.JPG

Droo78, Timwcic, RyX and 4 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool.thats a huge tech sir..;)..very cool. i have this set..great score..

RyX and Hembree like this.
  7. Dirtfarmer

Do I have the right case? Or did they pretty much just use the same one?

RyX, Hembree and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

thats the right case ..plain case ,base ,almost cardboard feeling liner in the lid..

RyX and Hembree like this.
  9. Dirtfarmer

Yep. That would be it. Thank you for helping as much as you do.

RyX, Hembree and brit like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

here's mine on the right.. 20190216_164325.jpg 20181216_090303.jpg

Timwcic, RyX, Dirtfarmer and 2 others like this.
  11. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

Found these out and about looking at archery supplies posted on a local classified website. Quite a haul![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Droo78, Timwcic, RyX and 6 others like this.
  12. Dirtfarmer

I knew I've been looking in the wrong sections of the paper when I look for razors. Good haul by the way.

RyX, mayer57619, brit and 1 other person like this.
  13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice!

RyX and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool..love the bakelite shave bowl..

RyX and mayer57619 like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Answered a listing on Craig's list and hit the mother load of Avon

IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    Wild Country Talc
    Leather
    Spicy x3
    Oland
    Starring AS
    Starring Cologne
    Jet Homme
    Mesmerize
    Modren Balance
    Instinct

All was new in box. This was from an Avon distributor and only went through three or four boxes. My wife wants me to go back for more this week.

:bounce015:

Droo78, Timwcic, RyX and 2 others like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Well just bought a Enders speed razor so I can use some Schick pro line B-20 blades I purchased back months ago. Razor price was good but shipping is ridiculous IMO.
    Now I'm going to use a blade carrier idea that Jararuh (Jim Roe) came up with, good idea and we will see if it has potential in this razor. Blades are obsolete but this razor is one nice looking razor not to use and it will be put back into service.
    Unbox 2 (2).jpg

unbox 3 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Droo78, Timwcic, RyX and 2 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very cool Keith.now you are an Avon representative..;)..cool score..my mom sold avon in the 70s..

RyX and Enrico like this.
  18. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

0019ADC4-9EDF-4025-BDA9-D158C4EF6E39.jpeg Earlier this week I won on an eBay auction a 1946-47 Gillette Super Speed WITH the box, matching blade dispenser and even the U shaped tab that holds the razor in the box for $60 before shipping. The seller messaged me on eBay and said they’ll ship it Tuesday.

Droo78, Timwcic, Dirtfarmer and 3 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cool score..

RyX and Angelo85 like this.
  20. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

21B33065-F300-4059-B17B-5FF405B9392D.jpeg Just scored an awesome haul at the Roosevelt Mall flea market today. I bought all these vintage Avon decanters, all with fragrance, aftershave, cologne in them for 5 bucks! 4 of the five decanters had the original box and packaging with them. I picked up 4 Wild Country bottles, one Deep Woods and one Avon Leather.

Juno, Droo78, Timwcic and 4 others like this.