Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    SE Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #292
    1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
    CVS CS SE
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger Brush. I did two passes and a cleanup with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher razor with a CVS CS SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, Ron R and 9 others like this.
  2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    From yesterday;
    Some Captain's Choice North love with the Blackland Razors Sabre with L2 and L1 plates.

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I have used Bics in the past and they actually work better for me than multi blade carts. Injector and Gem are considerably better for me and the vintage factor is just cool. My DEs are also better than carts and Bics but I mostly use SEs now. Also I really enjoy using a brush and good quality soap over a can. It just makes the whole thing turn from a necessary negative nuisance into an elegent enjoyable experience.

jimjo1031, Ron R, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

You did indeed call my I1 correctly. I'm not surprised, but I had no idea that there were different versions. Shame on me for not paying closer attention to your excellent writings. Thx.
    I just find the I1v2 a delightful little shaver with a Chick blade. I give the Supply a wee bit of preference because I can take it apart to clean.

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 10th
    Razor: Blackland Vector
    Blade: Feather AC Professional (1)
    Brush: Jayaruh 285 synthetic
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: B&M Lavanille
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: B&M Lavanille

No Repeat November

Good morning! [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, jgreenepa and 8 others like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday shave Nov 10-2019 and it will be with a Ender's speed razor that has been out of production for some time.
    This one has been revived from storage from decades of not getting the proprietary blades that were designed to use in this razor only. The razor is using a Schick pro line B-20 blade with a modified Enders blade carrier acting as blade retainer in tandem. For 1940's> this razor has space age design, is a well thought out razor and it can shave well with a modern sharp edge and the handle is a joy to use.

Razor: Enders Speed model - MFG1940's >
    Blade: Schick proline B-20 (2) with a Enders blade support carrier.
    Soap : TOBS Sandal wood
    Brush : Razorock Noir 400
    Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + A Dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel to beard area.
    Post shave : Dickinson's witch Hazel
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood aftershave + Nivea balm
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + aftershave indicated minor irritation + 1 weeper= [​IMG]
    Sunday shave Nov 10-2019 (3).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    jimjo1031, Jayaruh, jgreenepa and 8 others like this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday
    November 10, 2019

OneBlade Genesis V1
    Feather FHS
    The Varlet Ranger
    Panna Crema Nuavia Blu
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool
    Brooks Brothers Blue

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

cool enders shave Ron..

Ron R likes this.
  9. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

FYI, given the rectangular cut-out (as opposed to semicircular), this is a Speed Shaver (not the earlier "Speed Razor"). Thus it was manufactured in the 40s at the earliest, and they continued into the 50s. It looks like the metal spine is more of an indicator of later (50s) models when metal conservation was more relaxed. Yours not having the spine probably dates it in the 40s (war time). Did you fill-in/paint the lettering? Nice specimen. I love the performance of these shavers.

Edison Carter, brit and BigD like this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type A, Schick Proline B-20, shave 4
    A1.jpg

First go round with this razor and I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with this razor. This maybe one of the worst razors I've ever used. I can get a better shave out of a Gillette 3pc tech with a dull blade. I tried all sorts of angles and even double checked one of the passes using a fresh blade to make sure it wasn't this blade. All checks passed and the razor failed. With that said this razor may need a thicker blade like the original Schick blades, I will test that and shim this blade and if I feel like doing so using an original Schick blade that was made for this razor since I have a few lying around.

Jayaruh, GAW9576, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input, finding information on the Enders speed razor is difficult and I do not have Waits book of razors to pin point that exact time line.
    As for the lettering I used a permanent metal ink pen and just wiped off the excess paint . I think it looks better with the white lettering brought out. I will have to change my time line when describing MFG of this razor to 1940's>. Thanks.

Edison Carter, brit and 120inna55 like this.
  12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Monday 11.10.19 SOTD

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg
    Pre' De Provence Artisanal French Soap lather and rinse
    Schick Eversharp Type G1 Injector Razor (replated in 24k gold)
    Schick Injector Razor Blade (2)
    Semogue Owners Club Cherry Wood Boar
    Barrister and Mann Cheshire Shaving Soap
    Barrister And Mann Barrister's Cheshire Aftershave

DSCF0014 - Edited.jpg

jimjo1031, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 9 others like this.
  13. GAW9576

I was going to use my ER again today and try it with a wedge adapter but the JB weld blade stop failed. So I went with the Gem Jr. Bar and a Grm Featherweight.
    The Jr. Bar is a smoother more efficient razor for me and is my top favorite so far and for good reason. My wife shaved the back of my neck with the featherweight
    Mer Shavings barber shop and two band badger handled the lather.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, jgreenepa and 9 others like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Successfully shimmed the blade so tomorrow I will try the razor this way. Shimmed blade is thicker than the original Schick blades also.

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 11, 2019
    Supply Co SE
    Schick Proline
    Zenith B25 Olive Wood
    A&E Frozen Mojitos
    Myrsol Agua de Limon

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, BigD, Jayaruh and 11 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 11th Nov.

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
    Faena Sandalwood
    ER "Streamline "
    Gem S/S [ 3 ]
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Those who know this Razor, will appreciate that care and attention is needed when using it - then one is rewarded with a superb close all round finish. Compared with this I think AC/SEs may be a bit tame, I am very pleased that I get good Shaves with this SE Classic.

IMG_0254.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 11 others like this.
  17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Your case is first generation, but I can't tell if the razor is first or second gen as the indicators are hidden due to the angle of image. At either rate, I have several of both generations, and I find the first gen has more blade feel, but the shaves are essentially the same.

Also, if you're curious, the auto-strop is second gen if it has text on it. If it's devoid of text, it's first gen.

clint64, brit, MPF9 and 1 other person like this.
  18. GAW9576

Quick cleanup with the TNNSER 3D and Cella whipped up with my favorite two band badger.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, BigD, clint64 and 11 others like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Think Razor is second gem as is the minty strop.

clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, BigD, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.