Pinaud Clubman to Glass and Upgrade That Scent.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

kinda like my wifes rice..;)

Keithmax, PLANofMAN and S Barnhardt like this.
  2. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

@brit Is your couch long enough for you to sleep stretched out all the way??

:happy088:

Keithmax, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

living room is my room sir..;)..she snores..

Keithmax, Enrico, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Shoot. I still have to do my Special Reserve and Vigrin Island Bay Rum!

5. S Barnhardt

:mog: SMH!

brit likes this.
  6. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I use this from Specialty Bottle Co for this exact purpose. Just have to remember that there’s no flow restrictor in there!

Attached Files:

brit, S Barnhardt, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tim Spencer

[​IMG]

My two newest beauties. :D

Leo501, Keithmax, Enrico and 8 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

very cool Tim..attractive and functional..

9. S Barnhardt

Are these recycled bottles? If so, what? They seem to fit the bill very nicely.

brit and RyX like this.
  10. Tim Spencer

Look at my original post at the start of this thread. I link up the bottle I used for these.

brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  11. S Barnhardt

My apologies kind sir!

:o

brit likes this.
  12. Tim Spencer

No worries. :)

S Barnhardt and brit like this.
  13. S Barnhardt

@Tim Spencer My attempt didn't work quite as nicely as yours, but not bad.

I bought this 8oz swing top bottle at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. Poured what I had left of my Special Reserve into the bottle and "tried" to remove the label, as you did, but it didn't work. I know what I did and will try differently in the future. So, I Googled "Pinaud Special Reserve" and picked a reasonably bright photo of the bottle, copied it to a Word document and printed it on a laser printer. Used a guillotine trimmer to get trimmed to size and used a permanent glue stick for adhesive to "glue" it to my bottle. This is what I ended up with. Not bad, I don't think, for a technically challenged person.

clubman special reserve rebottled 3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Leo501, Keithmax, Tim Spencer and 2 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

looks good..

S Barnhardt likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I found one of these at a local thrift store a few years back for my Special Reserve .....

A Stainless Flask.jpg

Not sure if it adversely affects the scent, but I don't notice any harm to the manliness. :D

:eatdrink013:

16. S Barnhardt

LOL...That'll hold all kinds of "Reserve" if you catch my drift! :eatdrink013:

Enrico likes this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

don't get it mixed up with the bourbon filled one,well probably tastes the same..:D

Enrico, Leo501 and S Barnhardt like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Mmmmmmm Kentucky bourbon :drool: Over the two or three years my son and I have been enjoying Kentucky bourbons and whiskeys.

:eatdrink047:

Keithmax, S Barnhardt and brit like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..:eatdrink047:

S Barnhardt likes this.
  20. Tim Spencer

Cool.

Well, you did the next best thing. And it gives an 'Old West' type of 'Wanted' poster effect to it.

Removing the label is pretty easy. It takes darn near boiling hot water and pouring it into the bottle should be done over a kitchen sink and tilt the plastic bottle. It took a good 25 seconds or so for the glue on the label to turn gooey enough to peel off. I managed to do what I outlined in the original post "the first time" I tried it and then repeated the feat two more times a few days later. So, it's pretty easy. Maybe your water wasn't hot enough? You'll know it's hot enough when the Pinaud plastic bottle deforms and starts to sag. When the heat is given enough time (25-35 seconds), peeling it off should be easy. I stated in my original instructions above to give "a few minutes" and while I think that would work too, it would work just as well to take off the label in about 25 seconds. The bottle starts to really misshape quickly, but you have to wait and give the heat enough time to have an effect on the label's glue.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    brit, S Barnhardt and Keithmax like this.