FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

jgreenepa and Angelo85 like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

ONEBLADE has this sale on their razors and was thinking I should try the Core for $19.95 US and Shipping approx $4.00 US.
    It is a nice looking razor not sure how it will shave and tomorrow will start testing it.
    ONEBLADE 2 (3).jpg
    ONEBLADE 3 (2).jpg
    One blade 1 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

3. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

7DD5E7EA-5127-43B0-9945-39FC6A07CB29.jpeg
    Here are two razors I’ve been waiting for. The Cooper Monobilt is on the right and the Jones Shake Sharp is on the left. I’m a bit concerned with the way the blade is laying in the Cooper. I’ll be shaving with it tomorrow morning. The Jones Shake Sharp dates to a time just prior to Stainless Steel blades. There is an actual hone built into the razor. I understand from brief conversation with an expert on the razor that some modern users use shims and others stack two DE’s on top of each other. The cool thing about the razor is that it is a single edge that uses DE blades. I stacked two Astras, my normal test blade. I’m still not completely decided as to which razor I should use or whether I should just do 1/2 my face with each. We’ll see tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    brit, Timwcic, Ron R and 1 other person like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Strange place to find a razor. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Anyhow today I was cleaning up under my patio behind the garage. My friend that passed away 2 years ago had given me his grandmothers sewing machine. I drug it out to clean it up as my mom wants it.

So I unlock the drawers and I spied the case. I think to myself. Self That sure looks like a razor case. So I proceed to pick it up and check it out.

Sure enough it is a 1922 Tuckaway. So this had to be his Grandmother or Grandfathers razor. I feel so honored to have found it.

Anyhow just thought I would share. This find made my weekend.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jtspartan, Dirtfarmer, Tjebbe and 8 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Very nice, sometimes vintage razors are nice to look at and they perform well IMO. Enjoy!

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  6. jgreenepa

That’s a great razor, Tom. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy shaving with it.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Juno, twhite and brit like this.
  7. jgreenepa

Congratulations, Angelo! Great find!

brit likes this.
  8. jgreenepa

Thanks, Ron! I will? I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s shave with the Cooper.

Jeff

brit likes this.
  9. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Gillette D1 1958 TV Special with original 6 Blue Blade Bank and user directions. Seller told me it was unused. I can’t confirm that but it is in very good condition. Even the paper user info is in great shape

F326B992-0D52-45F8-965C-C8E4565CFE26.jpeg 05C80963-02A9-47D8-A32F-E481E9536610.jpeg C0DB4CC3-75D7-4FE5-BC87-A5921B536F0C.jpeg D049E096-463C-4FFD-9397-E5231ADD6709.jpeg A62E5446-76EE-4E31-AB23-ECF4EE682E04.jpeg

Dirtfarmer, Herm2502, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

cool razors Jeff..

11. brit

brit in a box

Timwcic likes this.
  12. Timwcic

Thank you Sir

brit likes this.
  13. jgreenepa

Timwcic and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool score Tom..

twhite likes this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thanks
    I will for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brit likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Quite a find!

:eatdrink047:

twhite and brit like this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Shake Sharp twin blade stack hack works well on the Mk1.0 but I don't get it working on your Mk2.0 model . I would stick to either stock set up or try a shim either way if you just want to experiment. It's a perfectly great razor with no hacks though.

I believe the Jones Mk2.0 version you have was introduced for Christmas 1951.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

twhite and jgreenepa like this.
  18. jgreenepa

Thank you! I’ll be shaving with the Cooper on Sunday and the Jones on Tuesday. I removed the stacked blades at your suggestion and will go with just the regular setup! Thanks for the background information. I really appreciate it.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

brit likes this.
  19. Timwcic

Thank you, I will give it a good home

jgreenepa likes this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Oh my B.A.D is acting up, I'm on a Yaqi brush buying spree lately. When prices are this good why not.

Yaki 1 (2).jpg Yaki 3 (2).jpg My latest addition a Yaqi 24mm Timber wolf!
    Yaki 4 (2).jpg
    I have enough Yaqi brushes for years and will enjoy every day I use them.
    Have some great shaves!

brit and Enrico like this.