Karve Razor Owners Club (KROC)

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by jgreenepa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

It went in okay. Just wouldn't tighten down. The top cap was still a little loose and then it felt like I would have had to try to force it. Lots of resistance at the end so I didn't.

2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Go to a hardware store and find some #10 nylon washers. I use nylon washers on all of my three piece razors. This will also help if the handle will not tighten down due to a difference in the length of the threads.

Douglas Carey, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

jgreenepa likes this.
  5. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! Our photographic skills have improved. If it weren’t for your sage counsel when I first joined, I’d probably still be scratching my head!

brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Karve Brass 3" handle OC "D" plate. I have a "C" plate also.
    21 10 19b.jpg

I have a SB with a "C & D" plate also, however, I haven't used it much once I got the OC.

7. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jeff,glad i was able to help..:)..

Hembree likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

fantastic shave and pic Douglas..

Hembree and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Gary.

Hembree and brit like this.
  10. jgreenepa

I have the C and E bar plates, but tend to use the D-OC plate most frequently. Great picture, Doug!

Hembree, brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: @jgreenepa.

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

New arrival.

THE CHRISTOPHER BRADLEY RAZOR STAINLESS STEEL

The Christopher Bradley razor is a classic double edge safety razor that will provide a smooth shave and years of service. All aspects of manufacture are meticulously controlled to provide consistent performance and clean aesthetics.

Most notably, the handle is decorated with a pattern that is inspired by the centuries-old guilloche technique commonly used in watch making. The pattern is cut into the body of the handle, instead of formed, which ensures that all of the edges of the pattern are smooth and clean, while still providing plenty of friction for wet fingers.

The handle is inspired by a pattern that is centuries old and derives from the tartan of Clan Campbell of Argyll in western Scotland. The spelling of the name is inspired by the main road of the same name near our shop!

The razor is available with any one of 7 different open comb (OC) plates and 8 different solid bar (SB) plates, each with increasing aggressiveness, to tailor your shave to your face and style.

From least aggressive to most aggressive, the OC plates range from AA to F and the SB plates range from AA to G.

The entire razor is constructed from solid 303 stainless steel and is bead blasted for a subtle matte finish. After bead blasting, all parts are passivated. https://karveshaving.com/pages/stainless-steel-passivation

The razor is complete and only requires a blade to be ready to use.

The handle is available in 3", 3.25", 3.5", and 4" lengths to suit your style. All handles employ a #10-32 thread.

90g x 83mm long / 98g x 91mm long / 104g x 98mm long / 114g x 108mm

My order included OC “C” plate along with the SB “D” plate. The handle is 3.25”. The addition of the black plastic washer makes the handle secure very well to the head and doesn't allow for any scratching and to prevent metal to metal contact between the base plate and handle. You remove the washer before use. I'm going to hold onto mine. I thought it was a nice touch. The Top Cap base reads S303 00302 2019.

The razor stand is extremely well manufactured. Other than the fact it looks amazing, they have included a plastic liner that runs the full length of the interior of the Razor Stand.

Karve Stainless Steel.jpg

stanko, MacDaDad, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

stunning razor set Douglas..congrats..

Hembree and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Gary. I hear they are coming out with a polished version.

15. jgreenepa

They’re great razors! Do you have a brass or aluminum version? I have the brass version. They’re great razors! My only gripe is that I wish the top cap covered the razor tabs. I’ve nicked my ears a couple of times, but it shaves so well, it’s a very minor gripe.

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Hembree, brit and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

that would be cool as well.keeping my eye on them..:).maybe the one high dollar razor i purchase..

clint64, Hembree and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Jeff, I have the brass OC, and SB. I now also have the Stainless Steel OC and SB. I haven't had any issues with their equipment. I have a Karve brush, bowl, soap too.

Hembree, clint64 and brit like this.
  18. Hembree

Awesome shave this morning with an old friend. It has been a while and the Karve was feeling neglected so it had to make an appearance this morning. The open comb D Plate took care of three days with no problem. The Soap Commander was slick but I need to get the new Yaqi brush dialed in. I just can not get the lather whipped up like I can with my synthetic but I will get it there.
    Y'all have a great day! [​IMG]

19. Hembree

Just beautiful Doug...an amazing looking razor!

brit, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture and setup.

clint64 likes this.