Gillette adjustable alignment problems

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mike-R41, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg I’ve always noticed my Slim and black beauty had a slightly bent door . The slim is so to where you can’t even tell but the black beauty is so to where one corner of each side is way too aggressive. Is there anyone on here or anyone besides razor emporium that could help me out??? I’m sure we could work something out. I’m sure it’s like a 30 second fix but I don’t want to ruin it any further!!! Thanks

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Mike-R41

The first picture in the BB & Slim pic is when the doors are loose. The second pic in each shows them tightly snug with the 1/4 turn. Like I said that im very confident that The slim Is performing up to par and the slight bend is not effective when it is tightened all the way down... but the BB IS SNOTHER STORY . I cut myself on the 2nd stroke on my 1st pass the other day!!! image.jpg image.jpg

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Do not use pliers!!!! It is too easy to scratch and bend the safety bars. Also, nooooo hammers.
    I have fixed many many adjustable Gillettes, just like this. I call it the butterknife fix. I posted the fix, years ago.
    Do this with the doors open or loose. Do not ever pry against the doors. You will figure it out. It is very fast and easy.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. Mike-R41

That is confusing lol! Where is a video when ya need one!

5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

No video. Pretty easy to figure out, once you start to fiddle with it. Like I said, I have done many, probably more than 25, with this method. I have restored some that have looked hopeless. This is one of the easiest fixes, on a Gillette. Well, that and fixing one with an adjustment handle that comes loose, and needs tightening.

6. Mike-R41

I’d really like to send it to someone so they can fix it for me. I fiddled with it some but didn’t want to do anything too crazy..... ughhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk