The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Gary!

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have recently become interested in that one. Sounds like a classic choice for this time of year.

4. brit

brit in a box

deep blue sea..awesome.. 20191208_185927_edited.jpg

Gnomeo0228, Jim99, EDC and 9 others like this.
  5. PLAla

SOTD December 9, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: Kai Captain Mild
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: JR #41 badger
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain

SOTD 12-9-19.jpg

6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lemony scented icicles in my face this morning![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Lemon chill is my favorite.

8. Paul Turner

IF IT"S MONDAY-it's got to be Arctique, right?? :)

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD Decadent December 9th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock SS DLC Lupo VS RazoRock Al Lupo
    Permasharp Stainless x2
    30DCLE brush (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Dry Dock lather bowl
    Stirling Royal soap and AS

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Andrew, I know I could just go and check Stirling’s website, but I’ll ask anyway since I’ve not heard of Royal...

How would you describe the Royal scent?

11. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Well somehow FedEx delivered BOTH of my orders this evening............about 20 minutes apart!! I don’t know how they stay in business. I wish I knew how to post photos...........this is the largest pile of Stirling to ever arrive at once.

The highlights;
    Stirling Spice AS is in fact pretty darn close to my memory of the original Shulton. I remember more tonka bean I think.

Deton—8 was an excellent last minute grab (soap and AS). I’m going to enjoy it. Tsuka will take some use before my nose can develop an opinion. It’s a lighter scent.

I gambled on a tub of Vanilla Sandalwood that totally paid off! I’m not crazy about straight Sandalwood, but I like wood scents and the vanilla really changed the scent in a huge way. I’ll add the AS when I order again some day.

Of the bath soaps, Christmas Eve was still awesome (no surprise) but Lavender Vanilla and Coniferous were both really great scents to discover. There were no duds in the order, but those three were the standouts. Actually Tobacco Oud might too, but it’s a weak batch. A stronger level would be fantastic, and hopefully become a shave scent.

Roughly half of the order is being given as gifts. I think the recipients will be as happy as I am. Thanks for listening. :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    ezlovan, Frijolero, Jim99 and 8 others like this.
  12. Latherin’ Luddite

I edited the above post. I originally typed Evergreen rather than Coniferous. The new Coniferous is much milder than my Coniferous shave soap or Scots Pine Sheep soaps. It will be a perfect gift for a new user who’s not accustomed to the snorty version. I think the lighter scent caused me to call it by the wrong name.

13. brit

brit in a box

i like a strong pine scent..scots pine a better choice?

14. Latherin’ Luddite

My Coniferous and Scots Pjne shave soaps are both very strongly scented. So was a more recent tub of Scots Pine I bought last May as a gift. I also had a bath sample of Scots Pine that smelled the same. This is my first experience with Coniferous bath soap, but I read a recent review on Stirling’s sight, and it was a complaint about the new lighter strength scent.

I think Scots Pine Sheep will probably keep its scent strength because the sheep fat needs a strong scent to hide the smell. At least that’s roughly what Rod stated at one point. Hopefully he can check in with a more definitive answer.

ezlovan, Frijolero, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

thank you..

16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

It has always seemed to me that bath soaps were a scented a little more lightly than the shave soaps.

17. PLAla

SOTD December 10, 2019

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Schick H1 injector
    Brush: Poculi synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
    Post: Witch hazel, Jeeves of Hudson Street Tobacco Bay Leaf aftershave

Slick Stirling lather from Ozark Mountain this morning as expected. Fine shave.

SOTD 12-10-19.jpg

18. Paul Turner

Ozark is a favorite of yours because you've BEEN there, right?

19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

This was a post I made on another thread:

It's a light, fresh, cologne type scent. Nothing too complicated going on. Slightly floral opening but it really smells like an unassuming clean, fresh scent. Like something you would find in a mass produced bar of soap (lever 2000 or Irish spring or something similar). I like it and I think it's a good scent to wear to the office or situations where you don't want to offend anyone. That being said it probably doesn't stand out enough to justify a repurchase.

BTW Royal is based on Creed Millesime Imperial

20. PLAla

Hmm....I've been to Branson once. Went to the Silver Dollar City theme park for a day, but that's about all that I can recall of visiting the Ozarks.

ezlovan, Frijolero, Jim99 and 3 others like this.