What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why??

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Apr 15, 2016.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

kjbarth and brit like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Just got in a 100 count of Feather blades for my Stahley shave head, that I use with a heavy brass handle.:)

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

4. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Shark Platinum, on sale.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Derby Premium. Reason: I liked the Derby Extra blade and decided to try the Premium and I think it was a great choice. A fine blade. I am also going to buy 100 of the Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge. Another fine blade.

6. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

My recent purchases The sharp Star are mine. The others will be broken up for Christmas gifts

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kjbarth, DaltonGang and cliffb599 like this.
  7. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Got em. Pretty fast I might say.
    From India.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

kjbarth, DaltonGang and brit like this.
  8. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

I have bought 2 100 packs of blades. Sharp star blades and rapira platinum lux. I love both of those blade. I do want to try the rapira swedish supersteel. The next pack I buy will prob be 2 or 3 of the sharp star since they are limited. I also want a pack of the platinum lux blades to give my brother. I gave him 10 of the platinum lux blades and he loves them. According to him the 8 or so years he has been wet shaving all he ever tried were the green derby blades. I gave him some different blades and he said he no longer wants any but the platinum lux blades. I also want to get a pack of nacet blades as I love those as well.

9. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

5 or six years ago I bought Box of 100 Bic something-or-others. That I can't remember the name probably tells you how I felt about their performance. 100 of them. I made that bed, so I slept in it (though my shave frequency dropped to 2-3 times a week).

Two or three years ago, I bought 100 persona blues--much better for me that time around.

Now that I'm shaving exclusively with gems, I've been testing out the waters before pulling the trigger on 100--I won't be fooled agaaaain!

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Bics never agreed with me either. Anytime I get blades I dont like, I relegate them to the Wife and Daughters pile. Their legs aren't nearly as sensitive as my face. They love all the blades.

11. timabababaluka

Forgive me for what you're about to hear, but my wife and daughters who shave prefer to use the "more traditional" multi-blade venus-esque type razors. They don't see that statement as ironic in the least because they've known nothing else, and anyway, "How can one blade be better than 3 or 4?"

Nothing I say will convince them. At least my eldest son (and come Christmas morning, his younger brother) has been instructed in the correct ways. He got my remaining Bics when I purchased the Personnas, and because when he first started shaving he could rub tissue paper against his face and walk away BBS, they didn't seem to bother him at all. He and his brother will internet my remaining Personnas.

cliffb599, kjbarth and Edison Carter like this.
  12. DaltonGang

One blade, compared to cartridges, is less harsh on their legs, gets them smoother, and less nicks. This is straight from the womens mouths.
    My 13 yr old daughter even changes her own blades.

13. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Converted the wife to de a year ago
    And she said she’s never going Back to
    Cartridge razors. She uses a lady’s chick and lady’s champagne Gillette.
    Now I can’t Keep her Out of my Shave Den. Lol.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

14. timabababaluka

The women of my family tend to dig in their heels a bit, and reasons matter less and less the longer the conversations get. They know what they know.

You can lead a horse to water... but you can't make it shave comfortably ;)

15. timabababaluka

Sounds like a wonderful problem to have :)

kjbarth and cliffb599 like this.
  16. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I bought a 100 pack of Vi-John super platinum.

They were on sale and I liked the name.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Judoguy, brit, cliffb599 and 2 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

Bought 200 Voskhod on sale for $12 at IB over the weekend.

18. DaltonGang

Wonderful blades. They work well in just about every razor I've owned.

19. jgreenepa

I agree! My blade stock consists of 300 Voskhods, 200 Feather, 150 Suneko, and 50 Kai, plus several tucks of Astra, Bolzano and Sharks

20. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Within the last month, 100-pks of Astra SPs each for two relatives and myself. Great smooth, efficient blade.

brit, kjbarth and cliffb599 like this.