QRZ? (If you are a Ham, you'll understand) How many here are Amateur Radio Operators?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Radiotube, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I knew you'd understand OM.
    ;)
    tp

2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Years ago, well decade's ago, 18 would open, no contesters, had many DX rag chews. That band is great, probably won't open again till I'm SK, but it was fun.

Nice memories!!
    tp

3. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I've caught a few sporadic openings on 17, but honestly haven't checked the band in quite a few years.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Terry likes this.
  4. J_Man

Now what da ya say we go "quarm" some nets before we join da boys on that 313? Lmao

Terry likes this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I used to run 1200 watts while operating 160, 75 and 40. Large flat top, home brew open 600 ohm feeder fed with a balanced balanced tuner. I did OK for the most part. No one qrm'ed me, until the old timers would heat up their modified AM transmitters. They would just tune up and
    Run. 1 KW AM, 100% modulation, no 3K filters. Nasty!
    tp

J_Man likes this.
  6. J_Man

And to think I had a guy screaming at me one evening for running am at 150 watts with a 2.8k filter while I was operating on whats generally known to be an am freq in the 40m band.

Terry likes this.
  7. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

40 meters opend great in the morning here. Gets real long at night. I need to put my antenna back up, big ice took it down.
    Not had the time to get it hanging.

tp

8. J_Man

Talk about coincidence, my inverted L became an NVIS antenna after severe ice build up a few weeks ago. I guess right now it's more of a ground mounted long wire and it most likely will remain as such until spring.

Terry likes this.
  9. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

KK4COE

Terry likes this.
  10. J_Man

Well here is a find I'm sure some of you will appreciate.

Brand new Tecsun pl-880 delux. Picked it up recently at a local goodwill for $14.00...box was never even opened. Cables & charger not pictured, cuz they're stuffed in a draw some where.[​IMG][​IMG]

Terry likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Active Member

Ive been away from the forum for a while. Missed the questions.

The picture is my SteppIR 3 element with 40m loop and 6m addition. 60ft high. Resonant from 40m to 6m. No tuner in my shack!