General Razors Owners Group (G.R.O.G.)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by clint64, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Well done Clint. :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Amigo. :)

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 26, 2019
    Colonial Razors Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Alpha 400 with Druida Manchurian
    MdC Original
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica

[​IMG]

Electrif, Somnos, BigD and 2 others like this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Tuesday
    November 26, 2019

Colonial Silversmith
    Wizmet Super Iridium
    Doug Korn Prototype Two Band
    Asylum Saponificio Varesino Colonia
    Fine Italian Citrus
    ADP Colonia Essenza

[​IMG]

Somnos, BigD, Str8on2 and 2 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 27, 2019
    Colonial Razors Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Alpha 400 with Druida Manchurian
    Mike’s OC&BP
    Myrsol Agua de Limon

[​IMG]

Electrif, Somnos, BigD and 3 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Might as well represent. I recently picked up a Colonial General razor on the secondary market. This one is a V1 and made of aluminum.
    cga1.jpg

This razor also happens to be my first foray in AC blade razors. First shave in with a Proline P-20 and if this is any indication this razor is a mild but efficient shaver. Reminds me a lot of the Schick Golden Type L9 injector but with a little more bite to it. They feel almost the same during the shave and the end result is about the same also with the nod going to this razor over the L9.

Electrif, BigD, Str8on2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

A Pillar in my rotation of razors. The Brass General.....

5CE9D279-C274-4356-A13F-1E5E685B888D.jpeg

Electrif, Somnos, BigD and 3 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Great razor! I own a Silversmith! Colonial builds great razors!

brit likes this.
  9. Str8on2

Smooth and easy. Love this thing....

4A56B8A5-B24B-4ABF-B7D1-D4676255FC74.jpeg

Electrif, Somnos, BigD and 1 other person like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Great image! Is that a version 2 head? Hard to tell from the angle.

11. Str8on2

Oh no. It’s the original release. Colonial has never released a Brass V2. Though, if it were available I would have purchased one in an instant.... :)

jgreenepa likes this.
  12. jgreenepa

My error! I’m probably going to acquire the new SS Version 2. It’s supposed to be very Vector-like.

Str8on2 likes this.
  13. Str8on2

No worries. I have been tempted by the General SS V2 but, I was really looking into a brass release from them. Wasn’t meant to be. The Vector is a wonderful razor. Smooth, efficient and highly maneuverable...

14. Str8on2

One of the best face feeling razors in the SE world. Never a bad shave. Never.....

17897978-2397-40D0-97E0-034900687FDF.jpeg

15. Fluffyskiador

Fluffyskiador Active Member

https://i.imgur.com/llldWLP.jpg
    Shaving smooth and pleasant, I think it's all a matter of time and if you have it, you have to dose it properly in the preparation of this act. As in everyone's.
    The blade had two uses and has behaved as if it were new. The monofilo are the only blades that I reuse several times since they shave very well, and when I clean and dry it, I always look to settle it with the palm of the hand. I don't know if this will do much, but I do.
    The perfect brush and soap as always and today I foam directly on the face. Not as much foam as in the bowl, but enough to enjoy and be able to give me two passes and touch-ups.
    Greetings and good day to all.

Rating: 5/5

Razor: Colonial Razor "The General" DLC
    Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild PINK
    Brush: Vie Long DFS Limited Silvertip 2B
    Lather: Xpec Cream
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva

Somnos and BigD like this.
  16. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

The weekend! Even though we lose an hour’s sleep on Sunday it’s still a glorious thing! Going old school Cella for the mid-week shave had me thinking about old school scents and so today’s soap of the day is TOBS Sandalwood. Nothing hits me as old school quite as much as this one. Love it!

I have been pining for the General and so succumbed to the temptation though the Timeless OC .95 SS was on deck. The Sunday shave will belong to that scalloped and polished beauty.

Thoroughly enjoyable three pass BBS shave. Topped it off with some Blackstone Sandalwood balm and Guerlain Santal Royal.

Well let’s get through the day, snow and hopefully, safe home to those you hold dear. Happy Friday all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
    Blade: Feather Pro
    Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
    Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
    Aftershave: Blackstone Sandalwood - Post Shave Balm
    Additional Care:
    B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
    Anoru Ceramic Bowl
    Guerlain Santal Royal
    535C2019-0863-452A-84DC-EA95395577C6.jpeg

Electrif and Str8on2 like this.
  17. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Well a little late for the mid-week shave and a little early for the weekend shave...but I will take it anyway! Colonial General SE in hand is a beautiful thing and I am really enjoying this razor.

A&E Cafe au Lait not only smells great but the soap base is right up there with some of the best I have tried. Beautiful lather and glide. Need to explore them more because I have only this one.

Beautiful three pass BBS shave achieved. The matching AS is just full of skin food and really is as good as the soap. If you love chocolate and coffee this is the one to get.

Happy shaves all and stay safe.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
    Lather: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
    Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
    Additional Care:
    B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
    Bvlgari Man
    F58CE4F6-978C-4184-8459-266490B199F6.jpeg

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  18. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Now back to CBL soaps shall we? I am a lover of “leather” scents don’t really know why but I love them. Cigar Shop Cowboy is a pretty fantastic leather forward scent! Magical really with some smoke and tobacco in there.

Today’s implement of stubble destruction the Colonial General SS SE. It is my current favourite razor...period. I rotate through other DE and SE razors but I could easily just grab this one for weeks on end.

Beautiful two pass DFS achieved. Topped it off with some English Leather AS and Guerlain Derby! Wow, think Clint Eastwood while wearing a bowler just punched you in the face! Happy Friday all!!! Stay safe and check in on your neighbours.

Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
    Lather: CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
    Aftershave: English Leather
    Additional Care:
    B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
    Guerlain Derby
    6AA0C9E1-71B5-4088-84C2-F60C1D13CBD3.jpeg

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  19. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

Thanks to all of your nice photos and comments, I finally ordered the SS General SE and received it this afternoon.

After disinfecting the cardboard box and using glove to remove the razor, then washing my hands ( IM the ELDERLY that is at risk!) took a bath and loaded it with waiting Proline blade.

First pass was tentative like the first kiss you try for with your girlfriend, and the second pass was met with and rewarded with a petting session!

I may go all the way next time with a third pass, but I respect her too much to try so soon.

I think I'm in heaven!!

clint64 likes this.
  20. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

Excellent, I am sure you will be very happy going steady with your new baby! Congrats!

clint64 likes this.