I Just Landed a Stahly

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Nov 15, 2018.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

There's an O-ring or three that helps keep it sealed. The unit can be opened, cleaned, and lubed.

S Barnhardt, Jayaruh and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

That thing is just too cool.

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

We used to make stuff to be s
    Very interesting. Thanks

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

brit, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Outstanding shave with the stahly head and any aftermarket handle. I use a maggard mr5 with mine, so a heavy handle pairs nicely, imho. Please post your impressions of it.

RyX likes this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I typically use a brass Tibam and ATT Atlas on mine, both great.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, brit and RyX like this.
  8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

That brass one is awesome

brit and jmudrick like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Karve and Asylum RX handles I like as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile and brit like this.
  10. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

These razors have always intrigued me. Partially for the oddity of it, but equally I wonder if the vibrating mechanism lends itself to an easier DE shave for a person with some degree of tremor in their hands? It seems that the vibration would cut down on the amount of "hand action", if I may use that crudely crafted term, required to effectively use a regular DE. Does anyone have any experience with a Stahly in that environment?

:signs002:

11. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I realize this is an old post I'm replying to, but I'd like to ask how hard it is to do this?

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

Unscrewing the top off my Stahly handle was deceptively easy. I was trying to remove the top cap/base plate to change blades. It had been a while since I used it and had left a blade in it. When I spun the top end a couple of turns and noticed the cap wasn't getting loose I noticed the top of the handle had unscrewed from the outer cylinder of the handle. It took a little finagling to get the inner working realigned while reassembling the unit. At the top is the off center counterbalance weight that produces the vibrations. It is held in place by contact with a gear below and a bearing/pin from above.

S Barnhardt and jmudrick like this.