2019 How much did you spend?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Ksblazer, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

In my 7 years of wet shaving. I just realized that I spent more this year on shaving supplies, than any other year.

My 2 biggest reasons for this was to have a good supply of back up soap and blades that I liked, to last me a while.

The other reason was I was that I just wanted to try some new options. I was getting bored with what I had even though I was getting great shaves.

I'm guessing that I spent a little over $300 this year.

Not sure if that is above average on what others spend on a yearly basis here? But I don't foresee myself spending that much in 2020. Hope to show some restraint and keep it somewhere around $125.

Look forward to hearing back from the members here on this topic.

Frijolero, RaZorBurn123, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

no comment..;),completed my brit gillette collection..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Trigger, Tjebbe, PLANofMAN and 8 others like this.
  3. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

This past year, was my first full year at wet shaving. $$$$$!

Frijolero, Keithmax, MR41 and 6 others like this.
  4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Through November, it was under $10 (bottle of Superior 70 and a tube of CO Bigelow). Then it went south with a Streamline and LE brush purchase.

***ETA - I am finishing the year with less razors and brushes than when I started the year. Sold off a handful so while I spent some with what I sold it wasn't that much.

5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

For me it was another fine year of investing in quality items both for use and for my shave museum.
    I’m not one to brag about the size of my investments so let’s just say that my portfolio has grown considerably.

...Doesn’t that sound better than saying my addiction cost me a fortune?

6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I plead the fifth! :D

7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Sold s few razors, bought s couple more. All in all, I’m down $30 for 2019. No soaps, or creams. I piffed a couple straights and a strop. I’m beyond acquiring, as I continue to whittle down the soft goods.

8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

2019 How much did you spend?

:happy097:

:sad027:

Well.....

;)
    tp

Frijolero, Ron R, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

:D

Hembree, Spyder and Terry like this.
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Bankruptcy_monopoly.jpg

:eek:

tp

Frijolero, Keithmax, Ksblazer and 3 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

i have definitely spent more on hot rodding cars in past years..so its good..

12. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

This is the first year that I've actually kept track of my spending. I started this hobby/obsession in 2016 with most of my purchases during those first few years. I think this is the least amount I've spent. And I do not count replacement bottles of witch hazel of which there were two or alum block of which there was one. But I do count soaps and creams and aftershaves. And of course hardware. My total this year is ...............drum roll please.............$340.20. My biggest purchases were a vintage Gillette Tuckaway at about $50, a RazoRock GameChanger Open Comb at $65, 100 Polsilver SI blades at almost $38, an Alpha Rubberset 400 tribute boar brush at $50, a Gillette Flair Tip at about $20 and a Gillette Slim Adjustable at almost $17. I'm happy with all of my purchases except the Slim Adjustable. After I cleaned it up there is some discoloration to the metal on the handle that I can't seem to make disappear. I bought it as a backup for two others because it is my birth quarter razor. I'll probably clean it up and polish it as best I can and sell it. I have yet to sell anything since I started this. But I'm going to start going through the bin I have under the bed and see what's in there and sell what I don't want anymore.

Frijolero, Keithmax, Ksblazer and 4 others like this.
  13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I spent that much on razor blades alone...

debtors-prison-sign.jpg
    tp

Frijolero, Keithmax, Ksblazer and 5 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

A wild guess for me would be $60-70. Course $25 was killed off right away, with the purchase of the first Stoylin Tony Awards champion set.

15. Paul Turner

Are you doing this with or without advice of Counsel?

MR41, Hembree and brit like this.
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Pro se

MR41 and brit like this.
  17. Paul Turner

That'd be something if witnesses just made it simple by saying(as you did), "I plead the 5th" instead of going the long way around.

brit and Hembree like this.
  18. Paul Turner

I don't mean to be a wiseguy, but I'm gonna do it anyway-you say "no comment" and then proceed to follow that baby up with.........a comment. :p

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

yes..:)..

20. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I guess I'm walking around with more money in my pocket than you then, huh? :bounce015:

Terry and brit like this.