Micromatic Monday

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by GAW9576, Dec 2, 2019.

1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Every day for the next month or so is a Micromatic Monday for yours truly. I've been ignoring the 1912 until I finally get a handle on the more aggressive MMOC. I've got another month or so to go as I experiment with different gem blades--gonna own this thing instead of the other way around (after close to a month of MMOC-only shaving, I'd call it a draw right now, which is already a win for me, because she was kicking my keister when I first started ;))
    • Texas on Fire today, with a Baker Street AS chaser. Honestly, I was quite surprised at how well those two scents paired
    • MMOC for three very light passes (WTG, XTG, ATG), but I figured I'd use chasing the baby as an excuse to do some minor touch-ups with the 1912--I couldn't resist; I've missed the 1912 terribly
    • Stirling "Kong" brush and collapsible silicone bowl
    Results: BBS with very slight irritation on the upper lip. Normally I call a DFS good on the upper lip, but I was stubborn today :signs081:

tof.PNG

Many happy shaves, all!

2. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

That looks like a great setup. And it's good to hear things are improving. You can post double razor shaves over here also.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-daily-double.63233/
    I tend to do the majority of my shaves with multiple razors. Either way keep at it and keep us posted on your progress.

Chuck Naill and timabababaluka like this.
  3. GAW9576

I had a quick but late Gemonday shave tonight with my new Gem G-bar. It definitely shaves better than the old one someone modified. Even with a 9th use Gem SS blade.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Enrico, Bizoo and 6 others like this.
  4. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Pristine G Bar, friend. Happy New Year!!:happy088:

5. GAW9576

Happy new year to you also. And to everyone.

Have fun but be safe.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Ron R, brit and timabababaluka like this.
  6. Bizoo

Bizoo Well-Known Member

First headshave of the year

Proraso white cream
    DSCosmetic synthetic 26mm
    Ever-Ready pat.d 1912 British made
    GEM
    witch hazel and Proraso green balm

Again, amazing result.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Terry, Chuck Naill and 3 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD Jan 2nd 2020, The razor is part of the A.S.R. family(cousin) of razors under the rules of this thread I believe.

Razor : Eveready 1914 1st generation blade stops- MFG 1914-17
    Blade : Gem SS PTFE (6)
    Soap : Nivea sensitive cream
    Brush : Razorock Noir 400
    Preshave : Shower + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave: Nivea refreshing lotion + witch Hazel
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    Thursday Jan 2-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

8. GAW9576

Had a great Gem shave today.
    First and second pass Gem Damaskeene
    Light cleanup and back of neck Henckels Rapide
    Both razors shared a new Gem SS blade.
    Cella lathered a bit wet on my two band SHD badger provided excellent cushion and glide.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Terry and Chuck Naill like this.
  9. GAW9576

It's going to be another late same for me gentleman. Hope everybody enjoys their Micromatic Monday. I'll post after the shave.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  10. Flintstone65

Flintstone65 Well-Known Member

It was a stellar GEMonday for me with my close-to-NOS-as-I'm-gonna-get Gem Feather Weight Deluxe!!! 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo lathered up some RazoRock Acqua, and the end result with a very well used GEM SS PTFE (#17) blade was a nice 2-pass ahave. Happy Micromatic Monday / GEMonday to everyone!!!
    [​IMG]

11. Chuck Naill

I completely forgot....LOL!!

GAW9576 likes this.
  12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday Jan 6th-2020

Razor : Gem Junior 1912 Parade - MFG 1943 variant
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
    Soap : Italian barber Amici
    Brush : Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm+ "Sargrada Familia" named after famous Barcelona Cathedral.
    Preshave : shower + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Post shave :Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 blemish weepers.= [​IMG] (rushed my shave possibly)
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

13. GAW9576

I had an Excellent shave with two wonderful razors by ASR sharing a 4th use Gem SS. The Gem Featherweight Deluxe and the Ever-Ready Little lather catcher. These are both great razors but at nearly opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of shave characteristics. The Gem handled touching up the upper beard lines and the Ever-Ready handled the neck below the beard. Don't worry I stopped at the collar bone. Pre-shave was handled buy a wash with Palmolive stick and a light rinse leaving some of the soap. Then I whipped up a nice wet lather of Tabac on my SHD two band badger. A little witch hazel splash rounded things out.

[​IMG]

14. GAW9576

There's still a few hours left my friend.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  15. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looks like those razors were hardly used from this view, very nice gear to own. I use those two a little more than other razors in my rotation of razors because they give excellent results!
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576 and timabababaluka like this.
  16. GAW9576

It's been a long time since I shaved my head.

I used 4 razors total today between shaving my head and my regular shave. I started things off with a 5th use Gem SS blade but switched it out for a new one about half way through. The Gem bumpless MMOC, Gem CP, TNNSER 3D and Henckels Rapide all plaid a part in a great shave. Mer Shavings Mysore Sandalwood on SHD two band badger provided a great lather with plenty to spare.

[​IMG]

Here I am about half way through the first pass with the Henckels Rapide.

[​IMG]

I didn't bother to trim my hair before the shave. I can say that the Clog-proof isn't quite clog-proof. But the Rapid handled things surprisingly well although i did have to rinse frequently it rinsed out very easily.

The other three razors handled the rest of the shave pretty equally. And here is the end result. A very close comfortable shave. Except of course for my beard witch I don't plan on ever shaving.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Terry and brit like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sat Jan 11th-2020- I sure enjoy my Gem razors and chose my Push button Gem out of the wooden Gem rack for todays shave.
    The Push button is one of the most attractive razors with the Gold and black combined that Gem MFG IMO. It is sort of a milder mid range Gem but with a 3 pass shave you can obtain excellent shaves that are hard to beat by any razor IMO. Had a excellent shave.

Razor : Gem Push button - MFG 1958-65
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7)
    Soap : Razorock Irish County side -excellent lather properties mild scent that is nice.
    Brush : Yaqi Rainbow 28 mm Brown whiskers
    Preshave: Brush(Yaqi Casmire) wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area
    Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave : Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]
    SOTD Jan 11-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, Chuck Naill and GAW9576 like this.
  18. GAW9576

Who's joining me for Micromatic Monday tomorrow? I'll be bringing out the MMBT since I left it out of Friday's head shave.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I should be along with a MMOC or a MMBT not sure yet.

Chuck Naill and GAW9576 like this.
  20. Chuck Naill

I'm enjoying seeing the popularity of the GEM brand of razors and designs. :)

Flintstone65 and GAW9576 like this.