So whatcha put in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by moviemaniac, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Prospector Gold Rush pomade most of the time. Nice fresh scent and decent hold.

Hembree likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Earlier I mentioned enjoying Clubman Styling Gel(which I still do). I also have(from my Williamsport Barber order)-Stephan's "Super Hold Stay Styled Gel.". That's a great one, too.

Hembree and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

British Sterling aftershave and balm mixed and rubbed thru for some light hold and scent.

Hembree likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

I now am using Nivea 4 Men "3-1" Bodywash....works as a shampoo, too. A little stickier than regular shampoo, but it settles down after a while.

Hembree likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I wish I could put my fingers through my nonexistent hair. :happy102:

:eatdrink013:

6. Paul Turner

Put a dab of the Stephan Styling Gel in......small dab as my hair is still short.

wristwatchb likes this.
  7. StormyWeather

StormyWeather Well-Known Member

For the longest time, nothing. Then, and I'm 100% not BSing you, Amazon accidentally sent me a tube of Paul Mitchell Ultimate Wave. They didn't want it back and said just to keep it -- and I definitely didn't order it. So I figured, what do I have to lose? I tried it, and love it. I throw it in my hair fresh out of the shower, and as my hair dries it holds my towel dry hair mostly back -- further than it would on its own. Then, once it's totally try, I just rustle it to break up the gel, and you'd never know I even put gel in my hair with how perfectly the gel that held it disintegrates into nothing with almost no effort afterwards, while leaving my hair in basically the same state as when the gel was holding it.

8. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I use American Crew Firm Holding hair gel. It’s the only hair product I’ve used that didn’t flake on me. Typically whenever I have a coupon for 30-40% off at CVS I buy a tube or two of the stuff.

9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Vaseline

BigD likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

I'm returning to more tradional shampoos, not the -"3-in-1" stuff. Dove 4 Men, which I've used before. And it's about time to pull out the Stephan gel for added neatness.

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

i like single stage hair wash ,not 3 in one engine additives;)..clubman shampoo is good,many others..

12. Paul Turner

Oh, I love Clubman shampoo.

brit likes this.
  13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Shea Nilotik’ Cold Pressed Virgin Shea Butter DAKARA FRANKINCENSE

It is nice to have hair. : )

14. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Clubman styling gel

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. vrosloyti2

vrosloyti2 New Member

Alcohol will screw up your hair drying it out. Definately stay away from that one.

16. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Usually nothing, but if anything a bit of "Sea Breeze" worked into my hair and scalp followed by brushing into the place I want it and let it dry. If I'm going out and it's a bit breezy, a good application of my wife's extra hold hair spray.

17. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

I've got a 1920's hair cut. I use pomade.

BigD likes this.
  18. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

For lighter hold I use Dove for Men no-alcohol gel in the tube. Also recently picked up from my barber water-based pomade by Uppercut Deluxe, great hold and nice scent.

S Barnhardt and Paul Turner like this.
  19. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm not normally this abnormal but...
    I've been shampooing with Creamo shave cream and using Listerine as a hair tonic. Listerine was, in its early years, envisioned as a hair tonic to fight dandruff. The Creamo shampoo was my own idea, seeing that I thought it made a terrible shave cream.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  20. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'd never heard the dandruff thing about Listerine before, but a little searching revealed it. But another strange bit of minutiae about it is that it was invented as a surgical antiseptic. Who knew??

:lam:

BigMike likes this.