So whatcha put in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by moviemaniac, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It was named after Dr. Joseph Lister.

richgem likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

... who founded the idea of antiseptic surgeries after noticing better outcomes when sugeons would wash their hands first.

Keithmax and Sara-s like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ve read a book about him. It’s remarkable how much it took to convince other doctors that this was a good idea.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Incredible isnt it?

Sara-s likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just bought Dove 4 Men CHARCOAL shampoo. First go at it will be tomorrow((18th).

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I am 1 bar type of guy no shampoo at all. Right now I am using Grandma's Pure Lye Soap but also use Kiss My Face olive oil soap. Rinse then finish it off with some apple cider vinegar to soften the hair afterwards before a second rinse, dry and brushing.

Daywalker likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

And now, almost year later....wonder if Dove still has this.

8. Scott Strangfeld

Scott Strangfeld Well-Known Member

I use Stirling shampoo bars in the shower and to style my hair I make my own pomade which essentially consist of bees wax, shea butter, a little olive oil, a little arrowroot powder to give it a matte finish, and a little essential oil or fragrance oil.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What essential oils do you like to use, @Scott Strangfeld ?

10. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

The week or so before I go to get a haircut and my hair is getting wavy I use a small dab of Clubman Styling Gel (green stuff). I rub it into my hands and then run my hands through my hair. Looks completely natural but keeps things from getting wild!

11. Scott Strangfeld

Scott Strangfeld Well-Known Member

My favorite blend up until now has been eucalyptus and spearmint. I've also used cedarwood and lavender. I just made a batch Sunday and used a fragrance oil clone of Creed Aventus. This is now my favorite.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Scott Strangfeld I love eucalyptus & spearmint. I add lavender to that blend. The 3 together make my favorite blend. I hadn't thought of cedar wood & lavender.

13. Paul Turner

Tomorrow I'll put Stephan Styling Gel in my hair. Smells nice. I've used it before.