New and Old Razor Storage Ideas

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Weasel640, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Lets see how you all store and organize your razors.... So I searched through all the old threads to see if this had been mentioned before, and this particular storage method had not.

My Brother-In-Law was cleaning out his Garage the other day I stopped by. He asked if I had a use for a Parts Organizer. Already having an old Metal one, at first I thought "No". But he showed it to me, seeing it was all plastic construction, and eyeballing it I realized the separators are the perfect size for Safety Razor storage.

I took it home and ran it through the Dishwasher. Clean as could be... This thing seems to be perfect for Razor storage. All plastic, so moisture won't bother it, and the back is wide open, so any moisture will dry out quickly.

20200118_113008.jpg 20200118_112803.jpg 20200118_112925.jpg 20200118_115114.jpg 20200118_115227.jpg

2. Weasel640

Oh also not done filling it yet... But should have plenty of room...

3. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

:signs021: Nice find.... but....nahhh never enough room !!!!! that will fill up quickly ;) need a few more of those.:) I saw someone went and got the mail boxes used from a old town drug store once and filled it up with just what they already had and said they were looking for more..... I need to get a few of the thing like you used for myself....

4. Weasel640

That gives me an idea... Antique Dewey Decimal Card Cabinets would be great as well...

But right now this will help. As currently I've got Razors stored in different Dresser, Night Stand, and Bathroom Drawers, as well as plastic bins, etc... So this will help loads...

5. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Really? That doesn't look like it could hold more than 50-60 razors! What will you do next week? ;)

Hembree and jaro like this.
  6. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Exactly what i was saying.........

Hembree likes this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  8. Weasel640

Well I mean it will hold up to 50 razors, easy. Maybe more depending on how I load the larger drawers... So top 50 will be easy to find at least.

Yeah that thread did not come up in my search. I might put in a liner in the drawers as well. How has the liner worked out for you?

Keithmax likes this.
  9. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

The liner works great. It's probably overkill but it does keep things from sliding when you pull the drawers out and it gives it a finished look. Plus it kept me busy for a while cutting it into drawer size pieces. I've got four cabinets and they're all full so make sure you plan space to add more.

10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Oops. Note the wink smiley. I was kidding you.

11. Weasel640

When I run outta room I'll just move... I've lived in three different houses in the last three years... A while ago the housing market crashed here, now that it's back up, landlords keep deciding to sell at the end of our lease... Now I'm getting moved (for work) to Maryland in July, so yet another house to move into...

Oh yeah forgot to wink smiley back about the top 50... :signs081:

Besides the brother in law mentioned he might have another one soon... So soon it'll be the top 100...;)

12. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I agree wholeheartedly about the old-style library card cabinets. But....Have you priced those things lately? They are getting hard to find and when you do, they tend to get pricey! I'd compare it to trying to buy a very nice Fat Boy or Toggle. I just searched "sold items" on EBay for "library card catalog cabinet" and found they'd gone for as low as $25 for a two-drawer metal cabinet to $2200 for a 60 drawer cabinet with all points in between. Mid-range sizes seemed to range from $500 to $1000. Of course, you might find a rare "deal" that would shoot my statement all to bits, but on average, that's what it shows.

You can get some decent parts cabinets with storage dividers, etc. in home improvement stores, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool https://www.northerntool.com/ , and an online supplier U-Line in their "shelving-bins-storage" section https://www.uline.com/Cls_32/Shelving-Bins-and-Storage ,

Keithmax likes this.