January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Right now A&E Soaps are one of my goto soaps. In fact I am a club member that allows me first choice of new scents and a significant discount. After following @Norcalnewb , @jluc and @b1hart all month long, I gave in and added software to the den. Hold on.... as much as the three tried, I didn't order any PAA products. I added the A&E Orange L'Verte aftershave and A&E Bad Habits soap and aftershave. I have done my part ordering in the New Year.

2. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Not encouraging Jeff. The Rex is the most expensive razor in my collection, including my toggle. I really want to like it more than all the Ebay rejects I buy and clean up, but right now I don't. I'm going to follow the advice Clint and Joe have offered, I will let it set for a while and when I do use it again I'll back off on the settings. If that doesn't do it, I'll let it go.

Trigger, Norcalnewb, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I guess there's always NB February...:happy097:

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

The Renaissance wax is really good. Follow the instructions and use it on your copper zenith. It helps keep finger prints to a minimum. I use it on wood brush handles, aluminum brushes and some razors. The only negative I have found with the wax is the cost.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It might need to be if my Wolfman number comes up. :happy102:

I keep telling myself this hobby is cheaper than some others. I am really beginning to rethink my observation.

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice, Clint! Tough to beat A&E!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Trigger, Norcalnewb, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks for the info, Clint. I did apply it to the copper Zenith and my Timeless Bronze.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. I was reminded this morning how good their splashes really work. I had been waiting for the Bad Habits soap and aftershave to both be available. So when I looked this evening I decided and both were available, I pulled the trigger.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am just about finished with my first container. I will certainly reorder.

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I just read the scent description for Bad Habits. That sounds nice. I'm a little surprised you chose a scent that has the word powdery in the description. Looking forward to hearing your take on it.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have the EdT that it referenced Habit Rouge and really enjoy it. It has a powdery note but a lot more. I find the EdT to be a very complex barbershop type scent. I hope it works out

12. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Awesome shave this afternoon with my old friend Rocky. Patrick @9nein9 inspired me to bring out the Rockwell and Joseph @Primotenore inspired the Murphy and McNeil. The Rockwell 6s was my focus razor that started my 30dc challenge with this merry band back in December of 2018. Rocky did get a polishing job last year and he looks great on the ATT Calypso handle. The M&M soap smells great (bay rum) and performs awesome but is just soft and almost a cream. :angry019: The 6s at plate 6 and the Feather gave a very nice smooth shave. Finished the shave off with some Clubman Bay Rum. Take care everyone!
    20200119_155711.jpg

13. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Shall we start a GoFundMe campaign for you? :happy102: As someone who understands buying stuff while in an chemically altered state I can say, the fight is real.

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Looking good, Danny!
    Unfortunate about the soap. Haven't heard much good about M&M today.

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Evan but I am fine. I knew I was letting Mark talk me into ordering the Wolfman. If I don't like it our want it, I am sure I can flip it for cost if not a profit. I might have a few drinks but I still know what I am doing..

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I could always go with the hand polished option at +200 CAD. :angry032::angry032:

18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good to see the Rockwell getting some love Danny. Tis razor seems to always reward me with a great shave no natter the blade so far. I could do a months focus with all the blades and see to be sure I guess. I havent tried all them in it as mune sat idle for awhile too. Guilty as charged .

Edison Carter, Trigger, brit and 5 others like this.
  19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

thank you!

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  20. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

new aftershave pretty good scent. definitely a lot of clove for sure, it does have some booziness but not like the booziness in a whisky based scent, so it does lose some quality because of that but other than that, the scent is still pretty good. I do pick up a VERY heavy cinnamon vibe IMG_20200119_181140.jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.