January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Danny. Love the Bay Rum scent.

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats Myles.

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Good luck with the hot lather, remember when its very hot the lather looks bubbly and runny. Don’t worry about how it looks in the scuttle but how it changes when you apply it to your face.

Trigger, jtspartan, b1hart and 8 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks where I am right now.i let it rest for about 6 weeks, but when I returned it was the same story. Now I’ve been using DE’S for a long time, so I don’t think its technique-related. I’m sending the razor back for a checkup! If I get it back and there’s no change then someone’s getting a great deal on a Rex.

Keithmax, Trigger, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD January 19

Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange shave soap
    Stirling Kong synthetic brush
    GEM Micromatic with GEM PTFE blade
    Witch hazel, Speick aftershave, Stirling Glacial Unscented balm

Busy past few days. No picture with this shave. Continuing to work through all of my soaps from least used to most used. Glad this soap came up today and not later this week as Alabama is expected to be fairly cold in the mornings. Cold for us, that is. Holiday tomorrow so I probably won't shave again until Tuesday morning. Nice one pass with the MMOC with a little bit of redness on my neck (yeah, yeah...go ahead with the southern redneck jokes) but otherwise a pretty uneventful shave. The redness should subside soon.

My father-in-law is spending the night with us tonight, a little unexpectedly, as he was in the area visiting his mom and decided to stay tonight at the last minute. We have room and the sheets are clean but surprise in-law visits are always interesting!

Have a good evening!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Excellent shave report. Just be glad you have the room for surprise in-law visits ;)

jtspartan, brit, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have never tried MWF, Jeff. Sorry, can’t compare.

Trigger, brit, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  8. jtspartan

Will do, Patrick.
    I know what you mean- there are often tubes or tubs of Proraso or other brands or zamac razors at our local Winners and they never seem to last very long.

Keithmax, Trigger, brit and 6 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

I agree, Clint, but I do suspect most big artisans did start out peddling their wares locally as well.

Keithmax, Trigger, b1hart and 8 others like this.
  10. jtspartan

You have a few local options there in Vancouver, Gary. Soapy Bathman for sure.

Trigger, brit, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  11. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Neck on fire during church? I'm not one to look for hidden meaning but that one is suspect. :angelic007:

Trigger, jtspartan, brit and 5 others like this.
  12. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    I wanted to quickly check in. I’m still staying the course here. The only major change I made was a switch to face lathering but my focus has been on technique. I let things grow out a bit at the end of the week so I can map my beard growth and work on what I do. It is helping.

In response to one of my earlier posts, someone mentioned I should consider an injector razor. I have been experiencing some irritation after shaving at times and I would really like to give a single blade a try. After doing a lot of reading up, I put a bid in on a Schick Type M injector and I have my eye on a couple of others. I also have a Gillette Guard which I will probably switch to after this 30-day session is over.

13. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Excellent shave Clint!

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  14. Hembree

Love the picture and the shave Evan.

15. Hembree

Something is a miss with the Rex. I hope you get it figured out Jeff.

Trigger, jgreenepa, brit and 4 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:thanks: Amigo.

17. Hembree

Nice shave Joseph! That lather looks delicious!

Trigger, brit, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  18. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

If I remember correctly you were using a Mach3? Are you still using the Mach3. I remember suggesting you try a single blade (perhaps I said it wrong). Both single edge (SE) and double edge (DE) are single blade razors where you only have one cutting edge in contact with your skin at a time the DE is just sharp on both sides.

I use to get great shaves with my mach3. I just couldn't get a great shave shaving every day. My skin had to heal.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  19. Hembree

What scent was it Gary? My first scent was Crane Bethadh which was replaced with Bad Mor. Bad Mor has softened but not as bad as the first.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Keithmax, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Awesome shave Perry and enjoy your guest!

I keep an eye on the Omega brushes at Shoppers drug mart. They put out 8 at a time and they don't t last long. Proraso green and Williams flies of the shelves fast at all 3 drugstores I was told. They got the price of Brut and new Old Spice jacked up so high I almost had a nosebleed right in the aisle . Almost 15 bucks a bottle now ! Dad used to pay $2.50 about 10 years ago . Must be a revival of old scents around here.
    Keep up the good work Joe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.