The 'Just Three' Challenge

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by timabababaluka, Jan 20, 2020.

1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Crud! That I have seen in stores, but I never even bothered to see what it smelled like simply because it was Gillette (the maker of those multi-blade cartridges that destroyed my face for decades). I kind of forget, sometimes, that Gillette has a century's worth of experience in the shave world, and that they might actually know a thing or two about shaving. Kicking myself for that. Will rectify immediately.

Thanks, Leo! :D

Leo501 and Paul Turner like this.
  2. timabababaluka

Darned straight. I really enjoy my AV :D

beemers and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just listen to the lyrics of George Harrison in his Beatles song:

"And you've got time
    To rec-ti-fy
    All the things that you should"

(from the Rubber Soul album-THINK FOR YOURSELF)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Leo501 and timabababaluka like this.
  4. timabababaluka

I love both Clubman and Sandpiper. Agadir I am unfamiliar with, but a quick search tells me it is a Oud scent, no? I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one--it's at a price point that I can easily get behind. Just have to figure out what Oud smells like :happy102:

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Agardir is Oud, yes. Oud is a lovely wood scent. (AgadirInt. com-scroll to AgadirMen)

timabababaluka likes this.
  6. timabababaluka

I love Gentleman, but my wife is not a fan (and I'll be honest, she's the one I'm trying to impress). I have yet to try Barbershop, because something else always seems to pop up every time I'm about to place a order.

Old Spice I have childishly rebelled against without really giving it a shot. I grew up thinking it was one of those "old man," scents, but now look at me--I'm wearing Clubman. Will swallow pride and check it out. Thank you for opening my eyes, sir :)

Leo501 and Paul Turner like this.
  7. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

I've never tried it, but apparently Proraso is rebranded as Bigelow and sold at Bath and Body Works. You might give that a try. I can't find an aftershave online though.

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Pinaud Special Reserve
    Proraso
    Pinaud Clubman

GatorJoe and timabababaluka like this.
  9. timabababaluka

I didn't know that. That definitely gives me I chance to check it out before buying. Awesome, Evan! Thanks for the info :D

10. timabababaluka

I completely forgot that Pinaud makes all kinds of scents. More info to research--I actually really enjoy researching, so thanks, Enrico :)

11. Paul Turner

Y'know, now that I think of it, it should work real well with Gillette Foamy Menthol . A cold cream or soap should set it up fine.

12. Paul Turner

I have Whiskey Woods now, and still some Gents Gin remaining(for summer use). Love Special Reserve. And my den is never without the Original.

13. timabababaluka

Yeah, I'm definitely going to check that out some time tonight or tomorrow--it's time :)

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Also Proraso is 3x the price of Clubman, Old Spice, Aqua Velva. I think Proraso is less about scent and more about treating the skin post shave. I like the scent of Proraso Green, but it's simply eucalyptus and menthol, nothing complex at all.

15. timabababaluka

That's two mentions of SR, so most definitely on the radar as well. Thanks, again, Paul :D

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

You'd be brave to use it in the cold weather. But that's just my opinion. Having said that, I think you'll find it isn't as cold as Aqua Velva, but it passes for comfort.

17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I forgot about Florida Water

:eatdrink013:

18. Paul Turner

Clubman.com covers it all. Course you can try Amazon, too. And you're welcome. I pair Special Reserve with the "Boomtown Bay Rum from P.A.A.

19. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

reminds me of cool water davidoff

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

British Sterling (woody/spicy)
    Brut (foguere/herbal)
    Bay Rum by Stephans (mild bay rum that won't offend anyone)

Not saying these would necessarily be my first choices for the three, but they covers a fairly wide spread of scents for under $10 each.