January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Hump day! Fun picture!

brit, 9nein9, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks, Perry! We had smoothies at the mall while Mom did some shopping this weekend!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  3. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Awesome shot of your boys, Andrew!

brit, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

HUMPDAY!!!

It's a twofer! Great picture, Andrew!

Norcalnewb, brit, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Hump day. The boys are growing up so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtspartan, Norcalnewb, brit and 5 others like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Thank you, gentlemen! It's hard to believe that in a few months there will be three..

jtspartan, Norcalnewb, brit and 6 others like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

That IS from around the corner, right?

Norcalnewb, Trigger, brit and 6 others like this.
  8. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Awesome!!!

Norcalnewb, Trigger, brit and 4 others like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Thanks Patrick!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  10. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

no shaves tomorrow, getting a break off of classes tomorrow for a class trip up in Atlanta for the aquarium

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Pretty much. Less than two hour drive on I-25 depending on weather and traffic.

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

January 22 - Special Head Shave Edition

Well, after two weeks it was past time to do a head shave again. Last time I did anything with it I cheated and did a quickie Heisenberg in the shower with a disposable. It was now at the length where I would normally use a pain stick to make it go quicker and all that. However, I've done enough pain stick head shaves to be a bit bored with them. Yeah, they were exciting at first and a bit daring and all that, but now.........meh......been there done that. Didn't really feel like doing a full lather anyway, so there's that. Lazy day off and all that.

An idea popped into my head. What about using my Merkur 23C, which is my usual head shave razor, in the shower instead of a sink shave? It would clog a bit from the extra hair but would also rinse easily enough to keep going. But....I don't feel like messing with a lather. Hmmmmmmm. Well, I also have Stirling bath soap. My favorite, in fact, which is Pig Trail. Lard based and has the scent of Ozark Mountain. It's slick, of course, because it's Stirling after all. Just not a lathering shave soap.

Level of risk doing it this way? Mmmmm......out of a 1 to 10 scale where 1 is no danger of anything going wrong and 10 being my bloody death and puking EMT's trying to remove my body - I'd put it at about a 5. I wouldn't have a mirror to use to help out so all of the angles and set downs would be by muscle memory and sheer technique. And, if the soap didn't provide enough slickness, or I allowed it to dissipate too much, a drag problem could occur. Acceptable risk so off I went.

I normally use the Astra SP blade for my head but didn't want to dig out a new tuck. Told you - lazy day. There was an open tuck of Sharp Stars there. (Imagine that, right?) So, I took the razor, a Sharp Star and my bar of Pig Trail to the shower and went to work. I have to say, it went better than I thought it might. I had no trouble setting the angle or holding it even across the less level areas. The Pig Trail kept things nice and slick although I did allow it to dry out a bit too much at one point. Noticed a slight drag and skip and added some more. Fixed that. When I was done I did a quick Heisenberg finish pass with the disposable but it really wasn't necessary. Cue ball smoothness restored - a "no-look" shower head shave with bath soap and safety razor completed and no blood or sick EMT's to be found. Makes me think maybe I should try the same thing with a pain stick at some point. Oh wait - isn't MAYhem getting closer?

January 22 Head Shave.jpg

13. brit

brit in a box

yes sir.didn't realise fragrances caused issues.my apologies.i thought it was like others here with picky wives..:D

Linuxguile, MrEE, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jeff..yourself as well ..:)

15. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Neal..

16. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Evan..

17. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe,good evening..

18. brit

brit in a box

fine 66 shave Perry..

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Gary!

20. brit

brit in a box

thank you Dan.these 2 sandalwood scents are on the sweeter side compared to others..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.