Frankincense and Myrrh

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sara-s, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I love home fragrances, which is why I make my own scented candles. During this past holiday season, I got curious about ancient scents, such as frankincense and Myrrh (arguably a bit ironic as I am Jewish.)

To indulge my curiosity I got some of these (the natural resins), a burner and some charcoal discs. (You use these by placing some of the resin on the heated disc.). I have learned a few things that fascinate me;
    1)The method of use (see above)
    2) There is evidence of their use, dating back to ancient Egypt.
    3) There are more than 2 dozen types of frankincense, coming from different species of tree.
    Does anyone else here have any experience with these? Do you have favorite suppliers or varieties of F & M?

Jim99, AGHisBBS, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I recently found essential oils with Frankense and really enjoyed the scent. Sadly, my wife wants to argue about the scent. Kind of kills the enjoyment

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

A few years back I purchased TSD Frankincense and Myrrh witch hazel and aftershave and still have some. I also purchased some Classic Shaving Frankincense and Myrrh shave soap which I either eventually used up or just can't seem to find where I put it.

I thought it would be fun to use these for Christmas time shaves but found out I didn't really care for the scent. Nothing wrong with it, it just isn't a favorite.

Interesting that there's so many types of frankincense.

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have a frankincense and myrrh scented shave soap from a local vendor and really like it. A very earthy scent

My wife does essential oils and we have often used these two in healing applications. She gets her stuff from doterra and we are both pleased with the quality of it.

5. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

yes in candles I learn one year a little bit about these to in healing they open the air ways and the lungs so one can breath better if you have a cold or flu or in my case asthma one year at a holiday bazzar a lady made a frankincense and myrrh candle my littile sister traded for the candle with stuff from are moms booth and I lite it when I got ready for bed I breathed very well for a week or two great stuff.

Jim99 likes this.
  6. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

BigMike and Jim99 like this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

BigMike likes this.