January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Jim:
    This was my last razor purchase for awhile! I need to start reducing the number of razors I own? I have 16 in the regular rotation and many others that I’ve only shaved once with and will probably never shave with again. I’m waiting on the Colonial General V2 which won’t be delivered until March, and plan on taking a hard pass on the new SS Stirling razor coming out in the next week or so!

2. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Andrew..

3. brit

brit in a box

thank you Tim..it's well worth it.different to av blue..

4. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Myles..

5. jgreenepa

Great shave report, as usual! Soap Commander is great stuff! My favorite is SC Honor. Weepers happen, especially as we’re mastering a new razor!

6. brit

brit in a box

cool razor Jeff..

7. jgreenepa

Great Rex shave report, Blair! Mine is on the way back to RE for repair. Looking forward to getting it back. Hope my shave experience with it will change.

8. jgreenepa

Thanks Gary!

9. brit

brit in a box

cool haul Danny.love the soap dish..

10. jgreenepa

Great to see you back, Charlie! Sounds like things are good for you and Kathy!

11. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Sweet deal, Danny! :D

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Sorry for the pic heavy report tonight but I was doing a little hot scuttle test of my own.
    20200123_212808.jpg
    I boiled the water from the Keurig into my tin cup followed by bowl lathering in the ceramic bowl. So far so good right?
    As the heat hit the Stirling it began to create a bubbly foamy later reminiscent of my canned goo days . Oh no! What did I do?
    20200123_213000.jpg
    After applying to my face it settled back into that beautiful soap I was so fond of . All good I thought, proceed along.....nope. After doing one side of my face I thought I forgot to put a blade in. Well it had a blade loaded so I tossed it and loaded another. Shaved the other side ...same result. Out I went and fetched the MMOC. That razor never fails me . Ok now I was back on track again.
    20200123_214243.jpg
    Agitated the lather some more to get the face finished. Better results this time . That I cant explain as I'm not used to bowl lathering. Could have been too wet first try .
    20200123_214507.jpg
    Next came the head so I grabbed the Rockwell with Gillette 7 oclock green. That felt like torture. 3 shaves on it before and now it was done . Tossed it and loaded the Supermax with 4 or 5 under its belt . Same result. Next up was the GSB with 3 previous shaves . Job accomplished then I tossed it also.
    Between all this lathering and blade changing was a good shave . The hot lather was much relaxing and will be even better next time with a new blade loaded . I think we are all creatures of habit when it comes to shaving and I know when things start going south on me it can ruin a great shave . Years ago every shave was rushed and felt like a chore . Today I expect way better results and I take this time to reflect and relax as I shave . In closing the shave was good enough, the lather was nice and theres 4 less blades sitting there staring at me.
    20200123_215542.jpg

13. brit

brit in a box

awesome shaves and pics Patrick..

14. jgreenepa

Great shave, Evan! Red Tips rock! How well I remember those days transporting my brood w/ SWMBO #1 to College Days at school as well as the trips to visit schools of interest. Glad that’ done!

15. jgreenepa

Wow, Patrick, I admire the sheer determination to get those shaves right, with the right software and tools! I got tired reading about the process! ;) But then again I have an excuse today! Happy shaves!

16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I hope not . If word gets around the club and all the other wives find out it could result in world shaving products sales slumping and maybe even crash the stock market. I will sleep with 1 eye open tonight.

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

January 2020

January 23

Razor - Gillette New SC Deluxe
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Soap Commander Courage
    Brush - The Canuck w/ SynBad Flat Top
    Post - Alum

A beautiful day in the Lou today. Well, if you like wet, sloppy, slushy and snowy, then yeah, a beautiful day indeed. I called it quits earlier than usual when the slush started piling up. Now we have about an inch of slush with a nice inch of snow on top and it's still snowing. Temps are holding right at freezing so we don't know what we'll have in the morning. Breakfast. We'll have breakfast.

Whatever the weather it's time to shave and work that Soap Commander ring of death farther out. I used The Canuck - with handle by @jtspartan and the SynBad Flat Top courtesy of @Screwtape . Won this brush on a bet with both that they'd fail in their NB efforts. You can make about 10 gallons of lather with this knot and it splays and handles the lathering duties with true decadence. Looks great too. The New SC Deluxe and Sharp Star were up for their third run and had plenty of super slick and cushy lather to work with.

Three passes to a perfect shave and that's Thursday! We've arrived at the early weekend again and that's a good thing! It's also NHL All Star weekend and it's here in STL!! Lots of fun going on. Hope your weekend is a fun one as well.

January 23 2020.jpg

18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Gary!

Linuxguile, Norcalnewb, brit and 5 others like this.
  19. jgreenepa

Great shave, Joseph! Proraso products are a pleasure to use! I enjoyed reading about your shave with the AS-D2. I shave with mine a fair bit, and can say that finding that narrow sweet spot is a heck of a lot easier with a Feather blade loaded, at least in my experience. That’s the blade it was designed for. I never use a feather with that razor more than twice. The shave degrades after two shaves with the same blade fore me! Happy shaves!

20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks and Sorry , Jeff for the long post . I can be too thorough sometimes.

Linuxguile, Norcalnewb, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.