January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice to hear from you, Randy! Happy New Year!

BaylorGator, clint64, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

as it should..we a going from 100+mm of rain today to snow on the weekend..still in the freeze on you side?

clint64, PLAla, jluc and 4 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

No problem Tim. Just go and rest your weary head while we hold the fort down. Overtime shift for us tonight as we are working on getting a few members some brand new CTs. No names in general ..ahem ...but one rhymes with slim. Have a great day tomorrow. See you in February.

clint64, PLAla, jluc and 5 others like this.
  4. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Yes still staying cold here . Hasn't snowed since I fixed the snow blower . Go figure. Ha

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It's definitely been a worthy 5th anniversary month. One for the record books. Literally.

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

We are a chatty bunch for sure . Can't help it when it's such a nice place to hang out.

7. brit

brit in a box

murphy..we hear "my car does this" until it arrives at the shop.then it's fine..ghost chasing after that..if it snows here again i will have a free day or few..

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

yes sir.glad Chris is back for it..missed Rick.

9. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

When I was thinking about becoming a mechanic, the dealership where I was working said that in the future the computer in the car will tell you exactly everything the car is doing. I didn't believe it then and I was right. Most cars are so electrical and computer dependent they've become a mechanics and an owners nightmare.

10. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..and electronics hate moisture and corrosion..nice cars get scrapped because of hugely expensive computer /module failures..water ingress..

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Here's a hilarious bit of 30DC history. With February upon us......and having just blown past the record in January......it's fun to note that in our second month, February 2015, we managed to end on page 19 with a grand total of 375. No, that is not a typo. We've had more posts than that in just the past 24 hours. Yeah. We are definitely a chatty bunch now. But we have managed to keep the carpet and drapes looking new around here.

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

definitely my favorite thread..i feel at home here..:)

Trigger, clint64, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Not built for Canadian climate for sure .

14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Haha . I think I made close to 100 posts today. Guilty as charged. I think we are still a humble bunch that came from humble beginnings.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It was a great month, gentlemen. I was a sporadic poster this month at best, but I completed the entire month using my Weber DE, Voskhod blades, various brushes (mainly the wonderful 30DC LE ver. 2 brush), and a rotation between Stirling BOS, Mike's Hungarian Lavender, and Jabonman Eufros Wet Earth soaps. I enjoyed some great travel shaves, and I barely made a dent in the three containers of soap. I also used two thirds of a bottle of Floid Vigoroso. I plan to finish up this bottle of AS in February and continue rotating through these three fine soaps.

Thanks to everyone for their friendship and encouragement, and a big thanks to @NCoxSTL for keeping the carpets and drapes cleaned. Thank goodness for Scotchgard.

See you all next month where my focus will be to assist @jtspartan and @timabababaluka in their respective CT journeys.

16. brit

brit in a box

very cool.have a great weekend Charlie..:)

17. wristwatchb

18. wristwatchb

Thanks Gary. You too, my friend!

19. wristwatchb

20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Is it February yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.