Problem with DSCOSMETIC Brush in U.S. Customs?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Weasel640, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

So in late December I ordered the DSCOSMETIC Kensurfs Xmas handle Brush through Aliexpress. It shipped promptly on 30 December, and made it's way to the U.S. On 7 January the tracking says "Arrived (and Departed) Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item." Then on 8 January it says "Held by customs, Import clearance failure." The USPS tracking had indicated it was passing through the International Bridge of LAX. So I waited about a week and called up customs. The two people I talked to told me there was no way for them to look it up and to just wait.

Now it's about a month since it shipped and still no sign of movement on the tracking. Is this normal? Should I just wait? Is there somewhere else I should try to contact?

PatrickA51 and brit like this.
  2. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

This might be a stretch, but I wonder if items being shipped from China are being held up longer because of the virus situation? Jan 8 would have been before the big break in the news I think but maybe items that got flagged for review are sitting around longer than they normally would...
    But it is lame that nobody there can look up any info on it.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. Weasel640

When I had talked to them there was no such scary. But maybe it's just slowing stuff down now... But I wish I knew who to contact to work it out...

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Yes, this is normal. Yes you should wait. And yes, you should contact the seller.

One of two things has happened to your package.

1. Seller didn't send the required paperwork, send them a message just in case.
    2. It means it's being held by your customs for tax processing, once it's done they will release it. Don't worry
    Edit: If you don't already have it, you should install the 17Track app. It will oftentimes be far more detailed about tracking and notes associated with the package.

brit and oscar11 like this.
  5. Weasel640

I think I'll wait until the 8th and contact the seller. That'll have been a full month delayed by Customs...

I've run the tracking number through 17Track's website, and it doesn't give any additional info. I stay away from installing apps I don't need on a daily basis.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I personally have never had that problem. Any time an item arrives in the US from something I ordered from China, it'll arrive at my place within a week. I'd contact the seller as soon as possible.

brit likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sometimes it takes 3 days to 2 weeks to clear customs, for my stuff. It all depends on their backlog and who knows what else.

8. Weasel640

Sooooo.... Here's an update: I still do not have this item in hand. I also still do not know what the hold up was, as U.S. Customs is absolutely worthless at the personal/private level.

As I had mentioned above, I decided to contact the seller (DSCOSMETIC) on the 8th of February as it had reached a month stuck with U.S. Customs. They messaged back that they would look into it... I have not heard from them since. However, on the 10th it popped back up in my USPS Informed Delivery tracker, and by the 12th both USPS and International Trackers reported that it had cleared Customs.

Currently it seems to be moving through California. The International Trackers are no longer populating new information. But in USPS it is "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" and several updates as to it's whereabouts are getting populated every time it hops cities...

Soooo... At least it is moving now, and hopefully I'll get it soon...

Enrico likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've ordered from that seller and had no troubles ..... I think it's more trouble on our side than theirs .... USPS is known for their shenanigans. :angry032:

We've all been there.

:happy088:

10. Weasel640

I think it's more a problem with U.S. Customs in this case. It has not been transferred to USPS yet, so can't blame them....

On the other hand; Both USPS and U.S. Customs operate with zero transparency or accountability to private citizens. When there are problems it is not clear what the solutions are.

Enrico likes this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Which customs facility did it go through?? The one on the upper East coast(New York??) is usually fast, but Florida is very slow.

12. Weasel640

Neither of those. It went through LAX, and as I said above when I tried to contact them they looped me in circles and did not help at all.

Now it's about 3~hours away, with the "Shipping Partner" so it should arrive in the beginning of the week...

Enrico likes this.
  13. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

What ever happened ? Did you get it ?

14. Weasel640

Yes, it finally got through. The U.S. Dept. of Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, Div. of Law Enforcement were the ones that held it up in the Customs process. They slashed it open and put a notice in. I've been meaning (and forgetting) to take the notice to work and scan it...

In case anyone else runs into this issue;
    They reference their website: https://www.fws.gov/le/

Michael_W and jaro like this.
  15. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Glad you got it.

Weasel640 likes this.
  16. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

They probably just wanted to do test shaves with each brush. Perfectly sensible thing to do.

17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I order something 12-23-2019...
    I got it 2-16-2020.
    Stuck in customs for weeks.
    It happens
    Glad you got your items.
    tp