Favorite Oud shave Cream??

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by DaltonGang, Dec 30, 2019.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I don't own any, but smelled some at the AOS store. It was lightly scented, and pleasant.
    Any favorites out there?

johnnyflake, brit and KUSTOM like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i have the le pere lucien oud .good stuff,

johnnyflake and DaltonGang like this.
  3. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

The AOS Oud is a good one!

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  4. DaltonGang

What, not many Oud users??

brit likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I use it-my AgadirMen aftershave is pure Oud, but I don't think they have shaving creams.

johnnyflake, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i have figaro oud shave soap,very good ..

DaltonGang likes this.
  7. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

There are not many OUD Shave Creams around. There are a few hard soaps, I think Razorock has one or two.

I have used one cream that was made by St James of London, which I feel is very good, but I have not seen it in awhile.

AOS is okay, I've had it, but it's not worth their high prices. Of course, everything they offer, is over priced!

DaltonGang and brit like this.
  8. DaltonGang

Thanks guys. More to look at now.

brit likes this.
  9. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

RazoRock Tuscan Oud, for me, has a wonderful scent. Plus it makes quick, easy, comfortable lather.

brit, DaltonGang and johnnyflake like this.
  10. DaltonGang

Just saw that. I was also looking at the Stirlings Agar version.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  11. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I have AOS, it's the only Oud cream I have but I have several Oud soaps that I like (Stirling and Wholly Kaw and RR Tuscan Oud).

12. DaltonGang

Which of those is your favorite, and why??

brit likes this.
  13. Redrock

I tried the Sterling Agar. The Tuscan Oud works better for me.

Paul Turner, brit and DaltonGang like this.
  14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I'm not good with scents. I'll start with my least favorite which would be be Tuscan Oud. The scent seems to be way off compared to ouds I've tried but it's a decent soap. The other two I consider to be good soaps with scents that I enjoy. To my nose Stirling Agar is closer to AOS Oud but not as strong. Wholly Kaw seems to be a slightly sweeter scent and a hair lighter than Stirling. Both of these soaps work well for me as far as lather and post shave. Post shave Wholly Kaw is better (a little).

15. Redrock

This is the deal with scented shave soaps. Take Sandalwood for example.....a half a dozen soaps can have a slightly (or not) different scents yet each maker calls it Sandalwood. The same holds true for Rose, Lavender, so forth and so own. It gets expensive to purchase 3 0r 4 0r 5 soaps to find out which scent/performance is best for you. It would be nice to swap scents/soaps in a small sample ziplok baggie. Postage will be minimal and perhaps save some money in the long run. Just a thought. Something like - I am considering getting Brand X soap. Does anyone have a sample they can send me?

DaltonGang likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

@oscar11 was kind enough to donate several samples, from various makers. I will give them a try, and give my opinion on these soon. He was also kind enough to include one of his brushes, which is beautiful.

oscar11 likes this.
  17. Redrock

@oscar11 also sent me a couple of Oud scent samples.....WKow and AOS. Both have pleasant scents. I too received a beautiful cream/amber/synthetic brush. Thanks much.

DaltonGang and oscar11 like this.
  18. Redrock

Do you have any problems making lather with the LPL Oud? I could never get anything other than airy/light lather.

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

none so far,i have heard some have had similar issues.batch related?we have soft water here .

20. Redrock

Good point on batch issue. It one of the very, very few with which I have had lather problems.

brit likes this.